Notre Dame...an embarrassment to the BCS....

RockPride

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they said it was 0-16 vs. teams in the top 10, instead of the top 25. In any event, it's a dismal record for a team of Notre Dame's supposed national standing.

I wonder how many top 10 teams ANY SEC team has faced during the same period of time.

It may have been top 10 teams, I was thinking they said top 25 but may be remembering it wrong. Any account I believe that speaks volumes for where the ND program is.

If ND doesn't fake the punt they might have taken a lead into half time. Defensively they couldn't do a thing to stop the LSU recievers, but I thought they were the victim of bad coaching a few times. They were on the 40 with 40 seconds left and ran the ball to end the first half. Why?????? That fake punt call was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen. However, the guy who made the tackle should have been blocked. The blocker made the poorest attempt at blocking that I've ever seen.

I liked the fake punt call. Weis new that he was playing a better football team, so he took a chance. Brooks did the same thing at the Music City Bowl.

It may have been top 10 teams, I was thinking they said top 25 but may be remembering it wrong. Any account I believe that speaks volumes for where the ND program is.

It had to have been top 10 teams.

This year they beat Penn State when they were ranked.

Last year Michigan and Pittsburgh... as well as Michigan the year before and 3 of the previous 4 years.

Looking back on it all, I believe the hiring of Bob Davie set the program back big time. One of the worst decisions ever made in South Bend.

I liked the fake punt call. Weis new that he was playing a better football team, so he took a chance. Brooks did the same thing at the Music City Bowl.

Had they run a different type of fake maybe, but to run it straight up the middle against LSU wasn't a good idea IMO.

Had they run a different type of fake maybe, but to run it straight up the middle against LSU wasn't a good idea IMO.

Thing about it is, anyone that watches ND regularly knew it would be a 50/50 shot as to if they would go for it or not (Weis has been known to go for it deep in his own territory).. the play was not much of a suprise. I would have just run a normal play.

Yeah, I think it may have been a better call in a situation where they were expecting a block. However, I still like the agressive play calling.

Everyone knew they didn't belong, they went because of $, and only us as fans had to suffer for it.

Who would you have put in over Notre Dame? Remember no one from the SEC or Big Ten can go, so that eliminates Arkansas, Auburn and Wisconsin. Looks like it's between WVU, Rutgers, Texas, Georgia Tech or California. Who did you think was more deserving?

That's wrong. Michigan was top 5 last year when ND won at Ann Arbor.

I could be wrong but I think the stat is based on Year End Polls. IOW, Notre Dame has not defeated a team that finished in the top 10 in the last 16 tries.

Sorry, just saw where 5 Wide answered it.

Who would you have put in over Notre Dame? Remember no one from the SEC or Big Ten can go, so that eliminates Arkansas, Auburn and Wisconsin. Looks like it's between WVU, Rutgers, Texas, Georgia Tech or California. Who did you think was more deserving?

Any of them. Maybe not Georgia Tech.Why can't the big ten go?