Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame...an embarrassment to the BCS....

Featured Replies

This is what a playoff would have looked like, under the system I described above:

 

1 vs. 16 ... Ohio State vs. Brigham Young

8 vs. 9 ... Boise State vs. Auburn

4 vs. 14 ... LSU vs. Wake Forest

5 vs. 13 ... USC vs. West Virginia

2 vs. 15 ... Florida vs. Virginia Tech

7 vs. 10 ... Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma

3 vs. 12 ... Michigan vs. Arkansas

6 vs. 11 ... Louisville vs. Notre Dame

 

If the Mountain West winner doesn't get a bid, Rutgers goes instead of BYU.

 

I tweaked the matchups a bit (with the 3-4-5 seeds) to keep teams from first-round rematches with each other, therefore the weird seed pairings.

 

All in all, a pretty exciting tournament.

Good job Westsider.:thumb:

This is PERFECT. Why can't the NCAA decision makers see this??? Does it make TOO much sense for them to understand:confused:

  • Replies 147
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good job Westsider.:thumb:

This is PERFECT. Why can't the NCAA decision makers see this??? Does it make TOO much sense for them to understand:confused:

It has nothing to do with the NCAA. If I had to guess, they'd LOVE a playoff since they would start getting a cut. The BCS Conferences and schools are your beef. There's no way the cut the NCAA in to their cash flood...

It has nothing to do with the NCAA. If I had to guess, they'd LOVE a playoff since they would start getting a cut. The BCS Conferences and schools are your beef. There's no way the cut the NCAA in to their cash flood...

Exactly...:thumb:

 

I have still never followed the logic that a playoff solves everything. I guess it has been beat into our minds that is the only way to crown a champion.

 

BTW, I am for the +1 idea, and that is it. I do not care what you say, the regular season would somewhat be diminished if there were a multi-team playoff.

Huh?:confused:

 

Last year ND lost to #3 OSU, #2 USC and MSU. MSU is the only "bad loss."

 

This year ND lost to #2/3 USC, #3/4 LSU and #6/7 Michigan. Since Weis has been at ND, where are the losses to teams that are "good to mediocre?"

 

Once again, I think people need to do a little more research before they bash ND.

Huh? :confused: I don't have to name them - you just did that for me.:D To be the best, you have to beat the best every now and then anyway. N.D. has not done that. I will say that the teams you mentioned(besides MSUI) were/are very good but that is my point. They lose to good teams and untill they can beat some of those good teams they are "middle of the road" at best. JMO. I respect the long standing tradition of Notre Dame Football, I really do. All that I along with others are saying is that lately (well, more than just lately) the are not close to one of the top teams in the country and haven't been for quite a while. Weis's offense is o.k. but the defense is pathetic and cold molasses is faster than N.D.'s overall team speed is. Again, Jmo and I respect you opinion also. I am not looking for a war here.:thumb:

BTW, I am for the +1 idea, and that is it. I do not care what you say, the regular season would somewhat be diminished if there were a multi-team playoff.
It doesn't seem to be a problem for basketball ...

 

Can you imagine the universal uproar if college basketball used a BCS-type system to determine its national champion with a single game?

It has nothing to do with the NCAA. If I had to guess, they'd LOVE a playoff since they would start getting a cut. The BCS Conferences and schools are your beef. There's no way the cut the NCAA in to their cash flood...

Then that's the BIG problem.

The NCAA has to take control.

They can't continue to allow a select group of conferences to run the show!

Why does it work in basketball, but not in football?

Haven't the fans any say in the matter?

  • Author

I find it funny that the NCAA allows for this to happen.....

I find it funny that the NCAA allows for this to happen.....

RP, I admit that I'm not up on these things as much as some of you. But why can't sense and reason be used occasionally by the NCAA? Is this the way it has to be....regardless.:confused:

  • Author

Well the money makers, and shakers are of the big conferences, I am sure the NCAA is scared of some sort of revolt if they were to mess with them...ala the government and big money oil for us normal folk.

Exactly...:thumb:

 

I have still never followed the logic that a playoff solves everything. I guess it has been beat into our minds that is the only way to crown a champion.

 

BTW, I am for the +1 idea, and that is it. I do not care what you say, the regular season would somewhat be diminished if there were a multi-team playoff.

 

 

See, I don't think so. No matter who gets in as the 16 seed, there's going to be team #17 who thinks they should have gotten in. This puts emphasis on the regular season to ensure you're one of those top 16.

Well the money makers, and shakers are of the big conferences, I am sure the NCAA is scared of some sort of revolt if they were to mess with them...ala the government and big money oil for us normal folk.

Then there will never be a playoff. That's sad.

Then there will never be a playoff. That's sad.

Now you're catching on... ;)

It has nothing to do with the NCAA. If I had to guess, they'd LOVE a playoff since they would start getting a cut. The BCS Conferences and schools are your beef. There's no way the cut the NCAA in to their cash flood...

:thumb: and that is why we will never see a playoff;)

Sometimes people's hatred keeps them from being accurate. ND played a tougher schedule than Ohio State.

 

Sagarin: ND-20, OSU-40, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

NCAA: ND-41, OSU 42, http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Inte...games_cumm.pdf

Massey has ND better as well. ND at 19th toughest, OSU at 31st.

 

Guess who else is below ND in SOS...

 

29 LSU

31 Auburn

33 Oklahoma

36 Louisville

41 Arkansas

42 WVU

48 Texas

50 Rutgers

100 Boise St.

 

Guess Charlie should "load up on" more creampuffs, huh?:lol:

Good Job Centre Rock! I agree with Getslow, you defended your slow and small little leprechauns quite well earlier today. It looks like all your attackers were just trying to keep the focus off their own cream puffier team. It's hard to handle the truth - especially when you back it with facts. Let em' blow on, your Irish aren't as far behind as people make them. But as for them playing #4 LSU - I don't think so. 3 losses- 3 of the same caliber teams - 3 similiar scores. Pretty consistent that they didn't belong. But none of the other teams that could of went would doubtfully of had any different of an outcome. Just like Jesus - Touchdown Jesus will be coming back too! One warning!!!!! BE READY FOR BOTH OF THEM.

ND fan here:

 

I've posted it before and I'll post it again. ND did nothing this year to earn a BCS bowl. Terrible schedule. 2 tough teams and they folded.

 

ND fans hope that in 2 to 3 years , Charlie will have HIS players on the team that fit his style of play. We can then make an evaluation of how good of a coach he is. Until then, we give him some slack due to playing with players that he may not have recruited (see defensive backfield).

 

Tough day for Irish fans. Tough YEAR for Irish fans.

 

At least I've got UK football. Think about that statement.

 

:thumb: Good post. Most of Charlie's recruits haven't seen the field yet. Next year will be tough, but starting in 2008 the Irish should have the athletes on the field to compete with anyone. Not the case this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.