BGP Severe Weather Alert Day (2/6-7/2022)

nWo

A frontal boundary will stall over parts of Kentucky and aid in the development of showers and storms this afternoon/evening. A Flash Flood Watch has been issued for portions of western and central Kentucky. Several inches of rain are possible across portions of the flood watch and could result in flash flooding. There will break in the rainfall near or after 12 am EST/11 pm EST central but another round of storms will move in ahead of a cold front early Monday morning. This could lead to additional localized flooding issues-particularly wherever the heavy rainfalls today. 

nwshaz.us_ov.thumb.png.663f92b99952f09e2890aca1fd4dde35.png

Now for the possible severe weather outlook. A couple of gusty showers and storms could develop this afternoon. The more concerning severe weather threat arrives early tomorrow morning after midnight as a line of storms develops ahead of a cold front. Pockets of damaging straight-line wind and an isolated brief tornado are possible early tomorrow morning. The Storm Prediction Center has extended the Slight Risk Area eastward to about I-75. There is a Marginal Risk area that includes portions of Kentucky not included in the Slight Risk Area. After looking at this morning's model guidance I would not be at all surprised to see the Enhance Risk Area expanded to include portions of western Kentucky.

KY_swody1.thumb.png.70af838fdc5ad39ed373b762aece1747.png

On Monday a line of storms will be ongoing that will be moving eastward across Kentucky. It should move out of Kentucky by afternoon. Damaging straight-line winds and an isolated brief tornado will be possible. The Storm Prediction Center has issued a Slight Risk Area for sections of Kentucky from I-65 eastward. 

KY_swody2.thumb.png.f4011604e0c84d6aa84dc77768cd2ad7.png

I will be monitoring the situation and posting updates when the ever possible today. 

A line of showers and thunderstorms will develop ahead of a cold front Monday morning and push through the region. Pockets of damaging wind gusts and isolated, brief tornadoes are possible as this line
pushes through. In areas that see training storms, an isolated flood threat could arise.

KY_swody1.thumb.png.002bfa52d3542fa70c1fafe33f97d863.png

KY_swody2.thumb.png.ae4fe38399607067cc94c0070e013eee.png