Ethan Atchley named head football coach at Lafayette.

Hard Work

11 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

That had nothing to do with why Coach Atchley was let go from Bullitt East.  Mr. Mason is a "football guy" and wants nothing more than to see football succeed at Bullitt East.  Coach Atchley understands the game of football better than most and also wanted to see Bullitt East succeed.  But sometimes, believe it or not and as shocking as this may be to some, football isn't the end all be all when decisions are made.

With that being said, I'm happy to see Coach Atchley land at Lafayette.  I'm sure he'll have that program back up and competing again in short order.  I wish he and his family the best of luck going forward.

Is this a teaching problem?

I'm hearing that this is all the result of a clerical/paperwork issue on the part of LHS, and the job had to be reposted as a formality...but that Atchley will remain as the man in charge once the dust settles.

I'll leave the Open Job thread unlocked in the meanwhile in case anything else develops, but my understanding is that Atchley is going to be the skipper.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 4:36 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm hearing that this is all the result of a clerical/paperwork issue on the part of LHS, and the job had to be reposted as a formality...but that Atchley will remain as the man in charge once the dust settles.

I'll leave the Open Job thread unlocked in the meanwhile in case anything else develops, but my understanding is that Atchley is going to be the skipper.

Congratulations to Coach Atchley.

• Like 1