The next starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers is...?

The next starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers is...?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the Steelers starting QB come week 1 of the 2022 season?

• Mason Rudolph
    • Dwayne Haskins
    • Other (please specify)

For whatever reason I think they'll run with Mason Rudolph for a year or two. 

Steelers never seem to be the team that feels they have to go out and get a top name QB. Tommy Maddox until Ben. Charlie Batch before that, etc. They will run the ball with Harris, hit open guys underneath when you cheat on the run and play solid D until a solid QB draft choice falls in their lap. 

I don't know who it'll be, but I can't see them going forward with either Rudolph or Haskins.  Not in the same division as Burrow and Jackson, and the possibility of a return to the 2020 Baker Mayfield.

The QB draft class is pretty weak this year, so I doubt they get anyone of significance there.  So, maybe someone like a Marcus Mariotta? 

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

How about Aaron Rodgers?

He respects the hell out of Tomlin, so I don't think he'd mind playing for him.  But, whether Pittsburgh is on his desired destinations or not, I don't know.

Deshaun Watson would be another big name, but there's a lot of baggage attached, obviously, and I don't know if the Rooney family would be willing to take that big of a swing on something that's still unknown.

55 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

What's the story on Fitzpatrick's injury/contract.  He's always game for going somewhere to just buy time for someone else.

He's about 40 and played for about 10 teams lol.

Pittsburgh always seems to draft well. Anecdotally, it seems like their first round pick always makes a splash in a good way. Is there a quarterback projected to go around 15-20 this season, somewhat like Mac Jones, that they could be eyeing? I don't see Rudolph or Haskins as any kind of long term answer.

Jameis Winston or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Maybe also Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, or (gasp) Andy Dalton. I just think there are way too many serviceable free agent options that they have to settle for Rudolph. Also, I think they may go for hometown hero Kenny Pickett and develop him for a year or two.