Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack has been fired as the coach of Louisville

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It will likely be Payne. They may interview Scotty D, Willard has zero shot. 

How close is Davenport to retirement? Would he be offered knowing he will only be there a couple years to steady the ship until the NCAA cloud has passed ?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I'll gladly eat crow and say I'm wrong if it comes to it, but Kenny Payne is not the answer at Louisville. 

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    UL needs to hire their AD before their coach. If I was a coach, I would be leery of being hired before the AD. Especially if I am an established coach like Bruce Pearl.

  • Brad Stevens is not an option. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

How close is Davenport to retirement? Would he be offered knowing he will only be there a couple years to steady the ship until the NCAA cloud has passed ?

I'm not sure. But I don't think Scotty would want to do that, to be honest. 

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Chris Mack's Twitter bio now says "Retired Coach." 

image.png.80b44fe3c92131561fd218045caba092.png

He’s got enough bread, he knows it.  He needs to make a donation to Xavier.

2 hours ago, okie1 said:

He would have to tell me no...and he probably would.

 

4 hours ago, okie1 said:

If I think I am a top tier program in college basketball and I have an opening, my first call goes to Brad Stevens with a 10 million dollar per year contract in hand.

Even top programs like UNC, UK and Kansas probably wouldn't bother wasting time to put together an offer for Brad Stevens for the position.  As big as those three Blue Bloods are, they understand their coaching jobs are not as great as the situation Stevens has himself in.  The only exception would be if Stevens were to be leaving hints he is tired of the NBA which I don't foresee.

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

You never know but NBA coaches don't choose college jobs over NBA jobs.

Talked to a few college/NBA coaches about coaching in the league....first statement is always "no recruiting".

6 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm not sure. But I don't think Scotty would want to do that, to be honest. 

I know it isn't going to happen, and would not be the best choice, but I'd love to see his offense with high-major players.  

Travis Steele is doing his best to clear a path for Chris Mack to come back to Xavier. Any chance that could happen?

Longtime Xavier fan. Looks like Steele needs to go but would not like Mack to come back.

 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, Seckatary said:

Longtime Xavier fan. Looks like Steele needs to go but would not like Mack to come back.

 

Because it would be like going back with your ex or did you not care for him before he left?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.