Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack has been fired as the coach of Louisville

Featured Replies

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Good luck Chris. I wish it would have been different. 

Deuce, I really thought it was going to go well when UofL hired Mack.  

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I'll gladly eat crow and say I'm wrong if it comes to it, but Kenny Payne is not the answer at Louisville. 

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    UL needs to hire their AD before their coach. If I was a coach, I would be leery of being hired before the AD. Especially if I am an established coach like Bruce Pearl.

  • Brad Stevens is not an option. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Deuce, I really thought it was going to go well when UofL hired Mack.  

I think everyone did.

If I think I am a top tier program in college basketball and I have an opening, my first call goes to Brad Stevens with a 10 million dollar per year contract in hand.

Good luck to whatever comes next for Chris Mack. I think he can be successful again somewhere else and things just couldn’t work out for him at Louisville. Regardless of who the next coach is, I do believe it’s considered one of, if not the best coaching jobs available. Hopefully the new AD is in place prior to the coaching decision being made.

55 minutes ago, okie1 said:

If I think I am a top tier program in college basketball and I have an opening, my first call goes to Brad Stevens with a 10 million dollar per year contract in hand.

You never know but NBA coaches don't choose college jobs over NBA jobs.

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You never know but NBA coaches don't choose college jobs over NBA jobs.

Not to mention, Stevens is no longer an NBA coach, but rather an executive. He reportedly turned down $10MM a year to coach IU.

Chris Mack's Twitter bio now says "Retired Coach." 

image.png.80b44fe3c92131561fd218045caba092.png

Brad Stevens is not an option. 

44 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Brad Stevens is not an option. 

I always wonder why his name comes up so often in job openings. Why would you leave what he's doing, especially now, to go recruit, etc. 

46 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Chris Mack's Twitter bio now says "Retired Coach." 

image.png.80b44fe3c92131561fd218045caba092.png

Good for him if that's true and he stays that way. You got a heck of a buyout and generational money. Invest it wisely and enjoy your family. 

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I always wonder why his name comes up so often in job openings. Why would you leave what he's doing, especially now, to go recruit, etc. 

Brad Stevens would be a college coach if he wanted to be. That's how I see it. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Brad Stevens would be a college coach if he wanted to be. That's how I see it. 

He would have to tell me no...and he probably would.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

Not to mention, Stevens is no longer an NBA coach, but rather an executive. He reportedly turned down $10MM a year to coach IU.

Thanks for that info. I usually pay little attention to the NBA before February/March. I did not know Stephens moved up to GM/President. I did watch some of the Cavaliers and Bucks last night. The Cavaliers got my attention with their winning streak. I wanted to see what is happening there.

Vegas has put out odds.

Payne +400. 
Davenport +500. 
Willard +500. 

A bunch of other names.

Pearl +2500.
 

Just now, MBWC41 said:

Vegas has put out odds.

Payne +400. 
Davenport +500. 
Willard +500. 

A bunch of other names.

Pearl +2500.
 

It will likely be Payne. They may interview Scotty D, Willard has zero shot. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.