Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack has been fired as the coach of Louisville

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I'll gladly eat crow and say I'm wrong if it comes to it, but Kenny Payne is not the answer at Louisville. 

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    UL needs to hire their AD before their coach. If I was a coach, I would be leery of being hired before the AD. Especially if I am an established coach like Bruce Pearl.

  • Brad Stevens is not an option. 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll gladly eat crow and say I'm wrong if it comes to it, but Kenny Payne is not the answer at Louisville. 

It’s a gamble for sure. 

3 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

It’s a gamble for sure. 

If he's the best candidate, so be it. I don't think he'll be the best candidate, but we'll see. 

26 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It sounds like the Admin may have told the players Mack was out before he had addressed the team, I don't like that. 

Someone certainly told them based on the interview he did.  I think that's crappy too.

19 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If he's the best candidate, so be it. I don't think he'll be the best candidate, but we'll see. 

He’s probably not the best candidate. I think he ends up being the choice for a variety of reasons though. 

Unless you’re poaching away an absolute stud, it’s mostly a crapshoot anyway. Most of us thought Mack was a great hire at the time. It didn’t work out for whatever reason.

I absolutely could be wrong, I just don’t see UL seriously entertaining Pearl given their current situation. 

Oats seems like a solid option also. Buyout is tough to swallow though.

The Louisville football people and players are probably like, “hey, we’re over here.”

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

Was he fired, or resigned?

Mack is not finished, will rise again as a great D1 coach.

44 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Was he fired, or resigned?

I think resigned but if stayed until end of season would have been fired.

I would have to think that this will be the most attractive job, by far, this offseason.  Louisville has some of, if not the best, facilities in the sport when you take into account arena, training facilities and dorms.   They have a dedicated fanbase and they generate a huge amount of revenue.  They generated over $40 million last year, more than twice what UK did.  With Duke changing coaches, and North Carolina not exactly looking like North Carolina, there's no reason that the right coach couldn't have the Cardinals on top of the ACC in a couple of years.  

Now they just have to make that right hire without a permanent Admin/Athletic Director in place.   

UL needs to hire their AD before their coach. If I was a coach, I would be leery of being hired before the AD. Especially if I am an established coach like Bruce Pearl.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.