Bengals at Titans Predictions/Updates (AFC Divisional Round)

Bengals vs. Titans  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2022 at 08:36 PM

11 hours ago, The Raven said:

Henry hasn't played since Halloween.   I'm assuming he's 100% going to play, but it will be interesting to see how effective he will be.

18 Carries for 112 years last season when they played (31-20 Cincy win), but he was healthy and in a groove.  2 and a half months off is a different story.

Fresh legs he will probably get 200 yards.

10 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Fresh legs he will probably get 200 yards.

Henry's two highest yards games this year:

35 carries 182 yards

33 carries 157 yards

Bengals rush defense is #5 fewest rushing yards allowed. But, key injuries on d-line will be a factor.

Key to limiting Henry - get the lead and make the Titans play from behind.

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't think Henry will be the factor some may think he'll be. I like Cincinnati.

Even if the foot is 100%, you'd have to think he won't quite be in game shape.  

Plus, I just don't see the Titans feeding him the rock 20+ times in his first action in 2.5 months.  Now if he rips off a couple huge runs in the first quarter, maybe that all changes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't think Henry will be the factor some may think he'll be. I like Cincinnati.

Even without Henry, I'm worried about the matchup.  Vrabel would love for it to be down and dirty in the trenches.  They've still got D'Onta Foreman who rushed for 100+ yards in 3 out of their last 6 games down the stretch, plus Dontrell Hilliard who can contribute as well.  I fully expect a 3-headed monster, with those two and Henry, getting 35+ rushes by the time it's all said and done.

We need Burrow and the boys to score early and often, to try to get the Titans out of that ground-and-pound mentality.  Otherwise, I think Tennessee just leans on our thin DL all day long...which could make it a really long day.

9 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Even without Henry, I'm worried about the matchup.  Vrabel would love for it to be down and dirty in the trenches.  They've still got D'Onta Foreman who rushed for 100+ yards in 3 out of their last 6 games down the stretch, plus Dontrell Hilliard who can contribute as well.  I fully expect a 3-headed monster, with those two and Henry, getting 35+ rushes by the time it's all said and done.

We need Burrow and the boys to score early and often, to try to get the Titans out of that ground-and-pound mentality.  Otherwise, I think Tennessee just leans on our thin DL all day long...which could make it a really long day.

I tend to agree we need Burrow to come up big and for the Bengals not to squander the red zone opportunities like they did against the Raiders. 

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Little tidbit I just heard...

Mike Vrabel is 4-0 after a bye week.

He's also 8-0 when he's had more time to prepare than his opponent.

And the Bengals have never won a road playoff game.

I think it's time for these streaks to end this week too.

• Like 1