Upcoming Movies You'd Like To See (2022 Edition)

Clean

Co-written and starring Adrien Brody...kind of seems like a cross between Mel Gibson's Payback, Gerard Butler's Law Abiding Citizen, and Thomas Jane's Punisher. Premiered at Tribeca this past summer, and the IFC has acquired rights to the movie. Should be out in late January.

Probably more of a renter for me, but I liked all three of the other movies, so I figure I'll check this one out.

• Like 1

The Northman

This one definitely has me intrigued. It's a 2hr 10 minute epic revenge thriller set in Viking-era northwestern Europe. Characters are based around several figures in medieval Scandinavian legend, including the main character Amleth, played by Alexander Skarsgaard. Amleth was William Shakespeare's inspiration for Prince Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.

Nicole Kidman, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ethan Hake, Björk, and Willem Dafoe all have roles in the movie as well.

I think I saw it's due out in March or April.

• Like 2

Death On The Nile

This is the second Agatha Christie murder mystery classic that Kenneth Branagh has taken on directing (and starring in). I really enjoyed his take on Christie's Murder On The Orient Express back in 2017. This one has been in the can since 2019 and has been postponed several times. Currently scheduled for a February 11th release.

• Like 2

Just because I'm basically incapable of not watching Batman movies...

The Batman

Robert Pattinson - Bruce Wayne / Batman
Zoe Kravitz - Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Colin Farrell - Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot / The Penguin
Paul Dano - Edward Nashton / The Riddler
Andy Serkis - Alfred
Peter Sarsgaard - District Attorney Gil Colson
John Turturro - Carmine Falcone
Jeffrey Wright - James Gordon

• Like 1

@barrel @GrantNKY @nkypete @Jumper_Dad @Kentucky Windage @DragonFire @The Raven @MJAlltheWay24 @hrcarrier @Bluto @mcpapa @OlDog75 @Irish Cat @Bluegrasscard @The Professor @Mack The Knife @Godot ...you all are some of the names I remember seeing in some of the past years' movie threads. Anything you're looking forward to in the double-deuce?

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I guess I might as well go ahead and start with this one, right @sportsfan41?

Top Gun 2: Maverick

Originally slated for 2020 release...then COVID. Then slated for 2021 release...then COVID. Currently scheduled to Memorial Day Weekend 2022.

Haha.  God I hope it comes out this year.  I'm going to have my basement finished and Top Gun 2 poster hung before it ever gets released at this rate.