Georgia vs. Michigan (CFP Semifinal) Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Georgia vs. Michigan   

18 members have voted

1. 1. CFP Semifinal Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 02:02 AM

26 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The #2 ranked Michigan Wolverines will take on the #3 ranked Georgia Bulldogs in the 2nd college football playoff game on December 31. In the Orange Bowl. This I think could be one heck of a game. What’s everyone think?

I totally agree.

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed! I think their offense is better when JT Daniels is the QB, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play if Bennett struggles early in this one. 

Bennett passed for 325 yards against Alabama. Daniels threw for 135 against Clemson's defense.  Those are the most comparable games this year. Bennett stats aren't eye popping mostly because he hasn't had to drop back and throw it 30 times again until the Alabama game. JT has all of the physical tools and the pedigree, I've just never been sold on him as a great QB.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Bennett passed for 325 yards against Alabama. Daniels threw for 135 against Clemson's defense.  Those are the most comparable games this year. Bennett stats aren't eye popping mostly because he hasn't had to drop back and throw it 30 times again until the Alabama game. JT has all of the physical tools and the pedigree, I've just never been sold on him as a great QB.

You also are going off just the first game of the year. Daniels last year is the one that also jump started Georgia’s offense, after Bennett failed especially against better teams. Which at the end of the day Georgia’s best win this year with Bennett was only against UK. Which I think a lot of those yards Bennett got also came more towards the end when Bama had the game pretty much in hand. 

So I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia has a quick trigger in pulling Bennett in the playoffs if the offense struggles early. 

12 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

You also are going off just the first game of the year. Daniels last year is the one that also jump started Georgia’s offense, after Bennett failed especially against better teams. Which at the end of the day Georgia’s best win this year with Bennett was only against UK. Which I think a lot of those yards Bennett got also came more towards the end when Bama had the game pretty much in hand. 

So I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia has a quick trigger in pulling Bennett in the playoffs if the offense struggles early. 

They may make the switch if it's looking bad, like Saban did with Hurts and Tua at halftime. 

My point was he isn't that much, if any better. He had a great game against UC last year, but for the season his combined yardage was less than Bennett in 2020.

He could come in and have a hot hand like he did last year against UC, or he may just be meh...same old JT that isn't anything special. 

There has to be a reason the offensive staff hasn't pulled the plug on Bennett and inserted Daniels. Practice habits, preparation, leadership, injury, or trust of staff and teammates. If he gives you the best chance to win he would be playing.

7 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They may make the switch if it's looking bad, like Saban did with Hurts and Tua at halftime. 

My point was he isn't that much, if any better. He had a great game against UC last year, but for the season his combined yardage was less than Bennett in 2020.

He could come in and have a hot hand like he did last year against UC, or he may just be meh...same old JT that isn't anything special. 

Come on dude it wasn’t even close last year on who the better QB was for Georgia. Georgia struggled with Bennett, and Daniels turned them into a team that finished strong. 

Bennett last year for Georgia played in 8 games. He has a completion percentage of only 55%, threw for only 1180 and almost threw as many interceptions as he did touchdowns. He threw 8 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Daniels last year in just 4 games threw for more yards, had a completion percentage of 67%, and threw 10 touchdowns to just 2 interceptions. 

Bennett does deserve credit because this year once Daniels got injured, Bennett went in and played good and basically forced Georgia to have to stick with him since they were undefeated and playing well. With that said they went undefeated while not playing really anyone and Bennett’s best win came against the 23rd ranked UK Wildcats. The best team they played in Bama he definitely struggled. Which does bring back memories to last year when they struggled with him as QB.

Daniels did nothing to lose the job this year, he unfortunately had an injury and Bennett for his credit took advantage. However, considering how Daniels did come in and light a fire under Georgia last year when Bennett struggled. It definitely would not be a surprised to see them have a quick trigger now, since the struggles Bennett had last year started to show again against better competition the other day. 

50 minutes ago, 9068 said:

There has to be a reason the offensive staff hasn't pulled the plug on Bennett and inserted Daniels. Practice habits, preparation, leadership, injury, or trust of staff and teammates. If he gives you the best chance to win he would be playing.

The reason is because Bennett came in after Daniels injury and played well no denying that. Which with Georgia being undefeated there was no reason to make a change. With that said Georgia was going undefeated while not really playing the toughest teams. Their best win with him at QB was UK.  This was their first time this season seeing Bennett against a really good team and he and the offense showed their flaws. He will still start, but I do think his performance now will lead to a quick trigger of pulling him if he struggles early now in the next game. 

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Starting to feel like a Michigan destiny season with the Ohio State win altering the direction of the program. Or was the Ohio State win bound to happen at some point and Iowa simply isn't that good?

Good points.  I don't think Iowa is very good at all.

But Ohio State was the legitimate #2 team in the country when Michigan thoroughly beat them.  They have alot of momentum.  If their DLine can get home or cause significant disruptions I think Michigan is in good shape on that side of the ball. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Georgia vs. Michigan (CFP Semifinal) Predictions/Updates
  • Jumper_Dad locked this topic