Paducah Tilghman at Glasgow Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Tornado vs. Scotties  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to Kroger Field?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 12:00 AM

13 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

He is he will around over or through you and you can’t teach 6-3 225 with nimble feet and pretty good speed. A guy on here last week I can’t remember who said all you have to do is stop number 6 but knowing what you have to do and doing it is a completely different story. And the kid is only a jr.

Keiran Stockton (#6) is the real deal for Glasgow.  His size for a running back is huge compared to others.  He is a load to bring down.  His YAC (Yards after Contact) is through the roof.  Very seldom does one guy bring him down.  Strength, Speed and Athletic all make for a BEAST for Glasgow.  And yes he plays on the other side of the ball as well.  It sure is hard to run up the middle on him.  He hits hard and kids go down immediately.  

It should be a very interesting game.  PT has always had athletes.  Speed is a key ingredient for their success.  If they can limit turnovers they will be right there.  To me another 50-50 game which will fun to watch.  Good Luck to both teams.  Even though one will go home disappointed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jimmyjorg said:

CAL played Glasgow last year and yes 6 can play.  I thought he was a Jr. last year.  Reclassified?

Yes he reclassified. Not really sure why because I'm sure he is getting D1 looks right now. As good as he is at FB he is a better D Lineman IMO. He dominates the game up front.

13 minutes ago, gridiron guy said:

Yes he reclassified. Not really sure why because I'm sure he is getting D1 looks right now. As good as he is at FB he is a better D Lineman IMO. He dominates the game up front.

I don’t know I can see it benefiting him because he kind of made a name for himself this year so he has all of next year to build the hype and get some D1 looks. He’s been good for 2 years but I feel like his stardom took off after the injuries to Scott and Long.

16 minutes ago, gridiron guy said:

I don't agree with this. At 225 he is too small for D1 defensive line.  Possibly could be moved to outside linebacker or safety.  Also he is good north and south but lateral movement needs work. He got trapped several times by Bardstown and they ran jet first play of the game right around him for touchdown.  He is a beast of a runner, particularly when he high-knees it, a la Roger Craig.  PT better have linebackers that read and fill quickly off tackle, or its going to be a long night.

3 hours ago, Hearsay said:

I don't agree with this. At 225 he is too small for D1 defensive line.  Possibly could be moved to outside linebacker or safety.  Also he is good north and south but lateral movement needs work. He got trapped several times by Bardstown and they ran jet first play of the game right around him for touchdown.  He is a beast of a runner, particularly when he high-knees it, a la Roger Craig.  PT better have linebackers that read and fill quickly off tackle, or its going to be a long night.

I can see him at defensive end they have smaller defensive ends than they used to plus you see a lot go in at his weight and they add 30 or 40 pounds on them and by their junior year they are pretty good. I don’t see him playing running back in college maybe he could move back to tight end that’s what Glasgow originally wanted to play him at and then Myers went down last year and they had to scrap the spread passing game and go to the wing T which fit him perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

I like PT to make a statement here. Young group, was struggling to meet the hype placed on them. They have found some confidence, experienced some success. This is a big opportunity for their program and first year coach.

Other than beating Cal what has changed about this team. This is still the same team it was just with a good win over a Cal team that I think have been overrated all year. I can’t say they can’t win I’m just asking is that one game what’s got everyone back on the bandwagon of a team very few thought would beat Union.

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Other than beating Cal what has changed about this team. This is still the same team it was just with a good win over a Cal team that I think have been overrated all year. I can’t say they can’t win I’m just asking is that one game what’s got everyone back on the bandwagon of a team very few thought would beat Union.

That one game is exactly the reason.

Just a thought, if coach Thompson takes them to state in his first year does that give him coach of the year? They were 4-6 rolled into the playoffs and nobody gave them a chance, beat the number 1 team in 3A and sitting one game away from a trip to Lexington. Heck I’d say it’ll make him one of the hottest coaches in the state in just 1 year.

25 minutes ago, Footballmania said:

Just a thought, if coach Thompson takes them to state in his first year does that give him coach of the year? They were 4-6 rolled into the playoffs and nobody gave them a chance, beat the number 1 team in 3A and sitting one game away from a trip to Lexington. Heck I’d say it’ll make him one of the hottest coaches in the state in just 1 year.

I’d be shocked if anyone other than Dennis Johnson or Todd Adler won coach of the year with the seasons their teams have had. 

11 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

I’d be shocked if anyone other than Dennis Johnson or Todd Adler won coach of the year with the seasons their teams have had. 

I can only speak for BGP but we will not decide on our coach of the year until the season has been completed.  

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, Purple88 said:

This will be a fantastic game!  I really like both these teams.  Both have persevered somewhat this year and find themselves really late in the playoffs.  The 3 hour trip is an issue for Tilghman, but can be managed due to the holiday weekend, but needs to be managed well.

To win these games takes alot of things:

- most of the time the team that rushes the ball for more yards usually wins.

- that team usually controls the clock as well.

But I just have a feeling there will be a play or two that will be considered lucky and may turn the game.  It certainly takes some luck to win games like this.  

Good luck to both teams!

I agree with the running the ball whole heartedly!!! This is KY football after all!! 

• Like 1

• theguru locked and unlocked this topic
  • theguru locked this topic