Paducah Tilghman at Glasgow Predictions/Updates

Tornado vs. Scotties  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to Kroger Field?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Glasgow has played two other teams in the semi finals as well as a team that lost in the regional last week. That seems pretty tough to me. Is there two teams left still playing that PT played. I know Mayfield but I think that’s about it. I think they were supposed to play South Warren but that didn’t happen.

Glasgow played Woodford and got their doors blown off. Glasgow also played Russellville, and won. These would be the 2 toughest games Glasgow has played. I would also say it is hard to take anything from those games because they were both in the first two week of the season. I would take PT, just knowing what I know about PT, but I definitely would not be surprised if Glasgow won. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Category 5 tornado spotted heading east Records: Glasgow (12-1), PT (7-6) BGP Ranking: Glasgow (#3 in 3A), PT (unranked in 3A) Series History: First meeting since at least 1998 Tab

This will be a fantastic game!  I really like both these teams.  Both have persevered somewhat this year and find themselves really late in the playoffs.  The 3 hour trip is an issue for Tilghman, but

Should be nothing short of either of their games tonight. I expect a really good game and I can't wait to see it.   

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Cal preps has both Henderson and Hopkinsville beating Glasgow at a neutral  site. 

Well I will be one of the first ones to say you can’t play this score game but just some interesting thoughts. Glasgow beat Russellville by two touchdowns and Russellville beat Logan Co who beat Hopkinsville twice. Glasgow also dominated Greenwood who beat Daviess who beat Henderson twice. So I don’t really care what Calpreps says I find that hard to believe.

This will be a fantastic game!  I really like both these teams.  Both have persevered somewhat this year and find themselves really late in the playoffs.  The 3 hour trip is an issue for Tilghman, but can be managed due to the holiday weekend, but needs to be managed well.

To win these games takes alot of things:

- most of the time the team that rushes the ball for more yards usually wins.

- that team usually controls the clock as well.

But I just have a feeling there will be a play or two that will be considered lucky and may turn the game.  It certainly takes some luck to win games like this.  

Good luck to both teams!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Well I will be one of the first ones to say you can’t play this score game but just some interesting thoughts. Glasgow beat Russellville by two touchdowns and Russellville beat Logan Co who beat Hopkinsville twice. Glasgow also dominated Greenwood who beat Daviess who beat Henderson twice. So I don’t really care what Calpreps says I find that hard to believe.

Greenwood beat Apollo not Daviess the only 2 teams to beat Daviess were X and OHS. Henderson beat Apollo in the playoffs. Henderson also beat a pretty decent Central Hardin team convincingly. Your right about Hopkinsville that’s a head scratcher that PT loss by as much as they did but PT is known to be up and down, just depends on who shows up friday. 

• Like 1

This is a tough game to get a read on using strength of schedule and resumes of the teams - mainly because PT has been so up and down. Strength strength of schedule overall is even. PT has two wins better than any Glasgow has. However, PT has lost 5 games to teams lower rated than Glasgow.

6 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

When did Greenwood and Daviess play this season? Don’t see it on either schedule.

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

Greenwood beat Apollo not Daviess the only 2 teams to beat Daviess were X and OHS. Henderson beat Apollo in the playoffs. Henderson also beat a pretty decent Central Hardin team convincingly. Your right about Hopkinsville that’s a head scratcher that PT loss by as much as they did but PT is known to be up and down, just depends on who shows up friday. 

Hopkinsville is very up and down as well and it looks like that was a game where Hopkinsville was up and PT was down. I wouldn’t read a whole lot into it. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

When did Greenwood and Daviess play this season? Don’t see it on either schedule.

I guess it was Apollo I knew it was one of those teams up there.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is a tough game to get a read on using strength of schedule and resumes of the teams - mainly because PT has been so up and down. Strength strength of schedule overall is even. PT has two wins better than any Glasgow has. However, PT has lost 5 games to teams lower rated than Glasgow.

I assume you are talking about Cal and McCracken but I’m not convinced either of those teams were better than Bardstown or maybe even little old Russellville. But it’s neither here nor there the RPI is based on who you beat and who your opponents have beat correct, if that’s the case Glasgow’s is substantially higher than PTs so I disagree with this whole idea that they are just so much better because of the schedule they’ve played.

10 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I assume you are talking about Cal and McCracken but I’m not convinced either of those teams were better than Bardstown or maybe even little old Russellville. But it’s neither here nor there the RPI is based on who you beat and who your opponents have beat correct, if that’s the case Glasgow’s is substantially higher than PTs so I disagree with this whole idea that they are just so much better because of the schedule they’ve played.

CAL and Henry County TN are rated higher than Bardstown.

I am not using the flawed KHSAA RPI. I am using calpreps.com.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

CAL and Henry County TN are rated higher than Bardstown.

I am not using the flawed KHSAA RPI. I am using calpreps.com.

I’m not much on ratings at all I usually go by the eye test so I couldn’t tell you anything about any Tennessee schools.

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

The fullback for Glasgow is a man child. Think he ends up the difference maker. 

He is he will around over or through you and you can’t teach 6-3 225 with nimble feet and pretty good speed. A guy on here last week I can’t remember who said all you have to do is stop number 6 but knowing what you have to do and doing it is a completely different story. And the kid is only a jr.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

He is he will around over or through you and you can’t teach 6-3 225 with nimble feet and pretty good speed. A guy on here last week I can’t remember who said all you have to do is stop number 6 but knowing what you have to do and doing it is a completely different story. And the kid is only a jr.

CAL played Glasgow last year and yes 6 can play.  I thought he was a Jr. last year.  Reclassified?

• theguru locked and unlocked this topic
  • theguru locked this topic