Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins 115 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

    • Woodford County
      33%
      38
    • Covington Catholic
      66%
      77

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

28 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wouldn't call a CCH victory against Woodford this week an upset in any universe. 

Emphasis on the quotations with upset. I agree with you, many do not. Cal preps and the RPI included.

  • Replies 348
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • BlueKernels
    BlueKernels

    Win or lose the teams you are used to competing against week after week really matter when you face tough situations in the playoffs. Regarding calpreps, I don’t really think it’s all that accurate, j

  • Woodford has a hard road to win it all:   CovCath South Warren Southwestern/ Freddie D /or Owensboro    

  • Woodford is a good football team. Most of their seniors were freshman starters on the team that Cov Cath demolished a few years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I’m sure they remember that. The

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is there an update there beyond what @WOFOJP61 posted earlier?  Or to be specific, an internet video link?

I'm checking with ABC WTVQ 36.2, Windstream Channel 11, Spectrum Channel 138 and Metronet Channel 132 and FM 96.1 radio to see if any of them intend on livestreaming online. e.i. - Facebook Live or YouTube

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

https://www.wtvq.com/livestream/

This is link to livestream of main 36 channel on their website. Not sure if can get 36.2 or not. Might have to check game day.

I am thinking I watched something there a few weeks ago but I am not sure.  I checked like you and I checked the detailed schedule and it isn't updated yet. 

18 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm checking with ABC WTVQ 36.2, Windstream Channel 11, Spectrum Channel 138 and Metronet Channel 132 and FM 96.1 radio to see if any of them intend on livestreaming online. e.i. - Facebook Live or YouTube

There is no one I would rather have on the job CWB!

Just now, theguru said:

There is no one I would rather have on the job CWB!

Right! If he can't find it then no one can.

5 hours ago, RunForest said:

Would Covcath be able to broadcast at Woodford?  anyone have any connections?

For what it's worth, Cov Cath will have the Colonel Athletic Network on-hand at the game to do an audio broadcast, supplementary to the broadcast by Radio 96.1 The Zone. Their video broadcast setup isn't geared towards making it a road show.

I'm still working to get some answers on whether or not the local TV broadcasts of the game will be viewable anywhere online.

In the meantime, here are links to the audio broadcasts:

WZNN 96.1 FM | Sports 96.1 The Zone

Colonel Athletic Network | mixlr.com

Should be able to stream elite eight round playoff games. This is 2021 not 1990.

1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Should be able to stream elite eight round playoff games. This is 2021 not 1990.

I agree.  Two things, the KHSAA needs to be careful with exorbitant fees to broadcast playoff games and every school should have their own media department. 

According to this tweet exchange there is a $400 KHSAA fee standing in the way of any online streams:

 

42 minutes ago, theguru said:

According to this tweet exchange there is a $400 KHSAA fee standing in the way of any online streams:

 

The KHSAA loves those bennies.... ?

1 hour ago, ChickenWyngz said:

The KHSAA loves those bennies.... ?

Nothing is free so I understand there being a fee but what I don't understand is how can there be other video broadcasts without a fee or if those organizations paid a fee why wouldn't they be able to have the game on "TV" with a stream included?  Also, it shows me the places doing the video are just hobbyist going through life one day at a time without seeing the big picture.  And specifically to the ABC channel doing the game, come on man, you are going to get more viewers from the stream than the broadcast and $400 is standing in the way.  I would like to to hear the explanation from ABC36News.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

According to this tweet exchange there is a $400 KHSAA fee standing in the way of any online streams:

 

Seems in a county like Woodford would be no problem to get that 400.00 covered by a buisness. That seems like good deal for amount of advertising would get.

1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Seems in a county like Woodford would be no problem to get that 400.00 covered by a buisness. That seems like good deal for amount of advertising would get.

Right which means this is "the fault" of those broadcasting the game for being lazy. 

45 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Seems in a county like Woodford would be no problem to get that 400.00 covered by a business. That seems like good deal for amount of advertising would get.

The broadcast will be free on local TV in Woodford County...so I'd guess more than likely, WCHS gives no poops about whether or not there's a livestream, so they don't want to bother finding a business to cover the cost.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.