Brown

Who wins  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Woodford County
    • Covington Catholic

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Seems in a county like Woodford would be no problem to get that 400.00 covered by a buisness. That seems like good deal for amount of advertising would get.

Truly, how many people do you think would watch even half of a game between CovCath and Woodford Co. on a Friday night?  A thousand would surprise me.  More than that would be really shocking.  If someone has auditable proof of more than that, I'd love to see it.  I think we (people on this site that are obviously ALL IN for h.s. sports) sometimes get caught in an echo chamber because we are on here with like-minded folks.  I don't believe the masses are sitting in front of a monitor or a smart tv streaming a h.s. football game with no skin in the game.  

Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Truly, how many people do you think would watch even half of a game between CovCath and Woodford Co. on a Friday night?  A thousand would surprise me.  More than that would be really shocking.  If someone has auditable proof of more than that, I'd love to see it.  I think we (people on this site that are obviously ALL IN for h.s. sports) sometimes get caught in an echo chamber because we are on here with like-minded folks.  I don't believe the masses are sitting in front of a monitor or a smart tv streaming a h.s. football game with no skin in the game.  

Maybe I'm wrong.

I get that part of it too and I think you are right TDD.  I could see it being 2K for a popular playoff game but judging from most of the Prepspin broadcasts (I am not picking on Prepspin but they have been the gold standard) it looks like they only average somewhere around a thousand views a game for high school football games. Compare that to this thread alone on BGP which already has 3.6K views and may reach 10k if it is a good game.  In other words, sponsors are literally throwing their money away on these games other than the goodwill aspect of it.

With all that said, we have a major network doing this game which means they already have a lot invested in this game and they should have the employee resources to knock out a $400 sponsorship in a matter of hours.  I think it is lazy and nothing will change my mind on that one. 

Fortunately there will be many other great games to watch Friday night so it is what it is.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, Tigerallamerican said:

Duh. They beat Glasgow lol. I will say Franklin was a hard fought win but FC was down their starting QB and Morman was hurt. FC has been a roller coaster of success and failures this year. 

Morman played the entire game, but one Woodford’s big guns did go down in the first quarter. FYI

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Nothing is free so I understand there being a fee but what I don't understand is how can there be other video broadcasts without a fee or if those organizations paid a fee why wouldn't they be able to have the game on "TV" with a stream included?  Also, it shows me the places doing the video are just hobbyist going through life one day at a time without seeing the big picture.  And specifically to the ABC channel doing the game, come on man, you are going to get more viewers from the stream than the broadcast and $400 is standing in the way.  I would like to to hear the explanation from ABC36News.

Genuine question here: what’s the penalty if a third party media company comes in to stream and doesn’t pay the 400 dollar fee? Does the KHSAA fine them? Are there legal ramifications? This just seems really hard to police. 

2 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

Genuine question here: what’s the penalty if a third party media company comes in to stream and doesn’t pay the 400 dollar fee? Does the KHSAA fine them? Are there legal ramifications? This just seems really hard to police. 

I haven't referenced anywhere, but I'm assuming the KHSAA has the ability to fine the host school for not "policing" the broadcasts at their stadium (although I doubt the KHSAA would bother were it an individual with their cellphone on Facebook Live). Legit media company, though, I'd assume that would get a fine from the KHSAA. You don't have an actual media camera crew in the stands or in/on the pressbox for a full game and not happen to notice that.

And I would guess the KHSAA would more than likely try to pursue some legal course of action if that happened.

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I haven't referenced anywhere, but I'm assuming the KHSAA has the ability to fine the host school for not "policing" the broadcasts at their stadium (although I doubt the KHSAA would bother were it an individual with their cellphone on Facebook Live). Legit media company, though, I'd assume that would get a fine from the KHSAA. You don't have an actual media camera crew in the stands or in/on the pressbox for a full game and not happen to notice that.

And I would guess the KHSAA would more than likely try to pursue some legal course of action if that happened.

That makes sense. I understand everything comes down to the almighty dollar, but it’s in the schools and fans best interest to have as much coverage as possible on every game. It also stinks for some players who will never be able to go back and watch their most memorable games in high school.

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So @Bucketgetter, I see in the poll that you voted for Woodford County. Do you actually think they'll win, or is that pure, unadulterated schadenfreude?

Woodford is a good football team. Most of their seniors were freshman starters on the team that Cov Cath demolished a few years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I’m sure they remember that. They are balanced on offense and very confident. The program has been building at the youth level solidly for 10 years now and the program at all 3 levels; youth, MS, and high school is SOLID. It will be a good football game, but I think Woodford wins by two td’s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WishboneCity said:

That makes sense. I understand everything comes down to the almighty dollar, but it’s in the schools and fans best interest to have as much coverage as possible on every game. It also stinks for some players who will never be able to go back and watch their most memorable games in high school.

I can't imagine that ABC WTVQ won't be willing to sell copies of the broadcast for individual use after the fact.

2 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

Woodford is a good football team. Most of their seniors were freshman starters on the team that Cov Cath demolished a few years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I’m sure they remember that. They are balanced on offense and very confident. The program has been building at the youth level solidly for 10 years now and the program at all 3 levels; youth, MS, and high school is SOLID. It will be a good football game, but I think Woodford wins by two td’s.

Oh, make no mistake, that was NOT me stating that I don't think Woodford is a good team or that they aren't more than capable of beating Cov Cath.

That post was just my asking @Bucketgetter about the motivation behind the vote he casted.