Ryle vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:30 AM

Ryle (9-3) will host Trinity (5-7) after defeating Dixie Heights 36-7. Trinity defeated Ballard 40-0.

Previous meeting:

Trinity defeated Ryle 28-9 in 2010 playoffs.

Common opponent:

St. X defeated Ryle 13-3

St. X defeated Trinity 35-28

Ryle rushed for 276 yards against Dixie Heights. Ryle held a 9-7 lead at halftime but dominated the 2nd half by outscoring Dixie Heights 27-0. On defense, Ryle dominated Dixie Heights holding them to one score while holding Dixie Heights QB Logan Landers to 114 yards total offense.

Trinity was led by RB Armon Tucker who had 19 rushes for 136 yards and 3 touchdowns. QB Brady Willis contributed 7-14 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown. On defense, Trinity looked similar to last years dominating defense holding Ballard to -12 yards rushing and 9 yards passing for total of -3.

Trinity looks to be getting it together after playing a brutal schedule and having back a healthy Armon Tucker at running back. Ryle is strong on defense but will be tested by a good Trinity offense. Can Ryle beat a battle tested Trinity team or does Trinity roll into the semifinals?

• Like 1
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow!!  That will put some pep in my step this week!  Love reading this.  Much appreciated Deuce!! We have two goals we strive to achieve on  (859) Sports Radio 1. Be unbiased and professiona

We are so excited for this game as it will be the biggest football game to ever be broadcasted on (859) Sports Radio!!  Watch it live for FREE on 859SportsRadio.com.   I know you have to pick a system

This should be another NKY vs Louisville edition.  The NKY teams put up good numbers all season until they play T, M or X in the playoffs. A different type of football is played here. Go ROCKS!!!!

Posted Images

My concern for Ryle is scoring against Trinity. 

Physically the Raiders should be able to compete. 

However, a healthy Armon Tucker is a big difference maker. 

• Like 3

When St. X played Ryle, I was impressed with their defense. They have two good linebackers and good team speed. St. X was planning on not using QB Jack Sivori but had to use him 2nd half to move the ball. On offense, Ryle really struggled and didn't score a TD. Having Armon Tucker should be the difference for Trinity since he has elite speed. Trinity's defense has improved and I think it will be tough for Ryle to score. 

It will not be a physical mismatch at all but Ryle had trouble scoring on St X and CovCath. Short passing game is essential vs. an excellent team like the Rocks. Tall task for the Raiders but they won’t back down.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StraightShooter said:

It will not be a physical mismatch at all but Ryle had trouble scoring on St X and CovCath. Short passing game is essential vs. an excellent team like the Rocks. Tall task for the Raiders but they won’t back down.

A short passing game will be like slow motion for Trinity. 

Ryle has had a nice season but Trinity is Trinity come November. Love to see the Raiders get them for NKY football....but it is not going to happen. Just a different level....even in a down year for the Rocks.

• Like 1

We are so excited for this game as it will be the biggest football game to ever be broadcasted on (859) Sports Radio!!  Watch it live for FREE on 859SportsRadio.com.   I know you have to pick a system and go with it and the system of using the RPI to reseed is as good as any...if you trust RPI's.  The Trinity team that accumulated an RPI of .47195 and 19th place in 6A and 13 spots behind Ryle is not going to be the Trinity team that rolls into Union.  Dynasties like Trinity don't take too kindly to having to travel in week 3.  They are coming in with a lot to prove to everyone and 116-0 post season scoring tallies.  Don't get me wrong, Ryle is really good and going to be better than most think in this and will come to play with a QB that has thrown for 400 more yards than Brady Willis for the Rocks.  With Harden, Yowan, Savage and Colemire running the ball for Ryle, they can do this.  They have to believe it too and not let that big green T on those helmets mess with their heads.  Win or lose this is a historical game for NKY 6A to host and we are honored to be there.  We will be more prepared for blizzardy, haily, windy, rainy and hurricaney conditions.  

• Like 5
2 hours ago, 859Radio said:

We are so excited for this game as it will be the biggest football game to ever be broadcasted on (859) Sports Radio!!  Watch it live for FREE on 859SportsRadio.com.   I know you have to pick a system and go with it and the system of using the RPI to reseed is as good as any...if you trust RPI's.  The Trinity team that accumulated an RPI of .47195 and 19th place in 6A and 13 spots behind Ryle is not going to be the Trinity team that rolls into Union.  Dynasties like Trinity don't take too kindly to having to travel in week 3.  They are coming in with a lot to prove to everyone and 116-0 post season scoring tallies.  Don't get me wrong, Ryle is really good and going to be better than most think in this and will come to play with a QB that has thrown for 400 more yards than Brady Willis for the Rocks.  With Harden, Yowan, Savage and Colemire running the ball for Ryle, they can do this.  They have to believe it too and not let that big green T on those helmets mess with their heads.  Win or lose this is a historical game for NKY 6A to host and we are honored to be there.  We will be more prepared for blizzardy, haily, windy, rainy and hurricaney conditions.  

I will attest to the great job these guys do with their live feeds. I’ve watched several and they are always top notch. I know where I’ll be tuned in on Friday. 

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I will attest to the great job these guys do with their live feeds. I’ve watched several and they are always top notch. I know where I’ll be tuned in on Friday. 

Wow!!  That will put some pep in my step this week!  Love reading this.  Much appreciated Deuce!!

We have two goals we strive to achieve on  (859) Sports Radio

1. Be unbiased and professional

2. Do this better and have more fun than anyone else

• Like 7