Conner at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 12:00 AM

Three weeks ago when these two were getting ready to face off in the final week of regular season district play, the predictions thread had comments like "Conner pulls the upset if Cov Cath can't find some kind of passing attack" and "barnburner" and "I'll take Conner now, CovCath in the playoffs."

The game was definitely a little on the wet side of things, but the Colonels led for the entire game, and left Hebron with a 27-7 win over the Cougars despite Conner QB Alex Castrucci's best efforts.

In the two weeks that followed their last showdown, the Cougars beat George Rogers Clark 34-16 and beat Cooper 14-3 at Cooper. The win over the Jags would definitely go down as an upset, seeing as the Jaguars had previously taken Conner to the woodshed in a 43-7 shellacking on Oct 7. The Colonels pulled off a 10-3 win over Ryle to finish off the regular season, a game that was also considered an upset by most, and then they beat Highlands 38-8 this past Friday.

It's pretty safe to say Cov Cath is the favorite heading into the game on Friday, but especially after seeing how Conner came out in the opening round of the playoff and set the Cooper team on its ear, what kind of potential do we have for an upset in Park Hills on Friday?

• Thanks 1

I'd be shocked to see Conner win. I can make a little sense in the Cooper upset in the in the first game Conner was missing their starting RB, and then had him back in the mix last week.

I believe both Conner and CCH were at full strength 3 weeks ago, so I expect a similar or close to similar result. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Colonels_Wear_Bluehistorical question:  Has Conner ever beat Cov Cath in the playoffs?  I clicked on fancy button and it only gave me head to head match ups back to 1998 and I didn't see a Cov Cath loss in any of those in the playoffs.

Yes, last time was 1996 ( I think) and it was at CCH. Bill Samad was RB for Conner. 

34 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Colonels_Wear_Bluehistorical question:  Has Conner ever beat Cov Cath in the playoffs?  I clicked on fancy button and it only gave me head to head match ups back to 1998 and I didn't see a Cov Cath loss in any of those in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Yes, last time was 1996 ( I think) and it was at CCH. Bill Samad was RB for Conner. 

Yessir...BK is correct. The one and only time Conner has beaten Cov Cath in the playoffs was 1996. The Colonels won 12-0 during the regular season, and then Conner showed up in Park Hills in November and beat Cov Cath 22-14.

#99 Matthew Kenney from Cov Cath, and #41 Bill Samad from Conner.

20374388_1879506105704072_19474046974620

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1