Conner at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 12:00 AM

36 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I think Conner has a legitimate chance in this one. If the offense is clicking and eating up game clock, this one can be close into the 4th quarter.

If similar effort from CCH as we saw against the birds, I don’t see it being close more than a quarter or so. Offense has been looking better and better each week as Agee is getting more comfortable.

25 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

If similar effort from CCH as we saw against the birds, I don’t see it being close more than a quarter or so. Offense has been looking better and better each week as Agee is getting more comfortable.

Not expecting a similar effort. Teams normally suffer a let down after a rivalry game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think that is the only chance Conner has, a CovCath letdown after embarrassing their rival. 

Lest than 10 days ago people were saying this district was wide open. Who could possibly predict who would emerge? Things seem to have changed quickly.

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

Lest than 10 days ago people were saying this district was wide open. Who could possibly predict who would emerge? Things seem to have changed quickly.

Well, CovCath gave their best performance of the year, Cooper tanked, and CCH already beat Conner by three touchdowns so I don't think 10 days ago is relevant in this context. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

Well, CovCath gave their best performance of the year, Cooper tanked, and CCH already beat Conner by three touchdowns so I don't think 10 days ago is relevant in this context. 

We will see. I’m expecting Conner to compete for 4 quarters.

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

Conner has ruined enough CovCath postseasons that I don’t take them lightly. They have good special teams and a solid offense to go along with a defense that held Cooper to 3 points.

Did you mean postseason (singular).

@Colonels_Wear_Blue answered my question at the beginning of the thread on if Conner beat CovCath in playoffs before and here was his answer:

Playoff History:
1993: Cov Cath 7-3
1996: Conner 22-14
2019: Cov Cath 38-8

So they ruined Cov Caths postseason only once.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Did you mean postseason (singular).

@Colonels_Wear_Blue answered my question at the beginning of the thread on if Conner beat CovCath in playoffs before and here was his answer:

Playoff History:
1993: Cov Cath 7-3
1996: Conner 22-14
2019: Cov Cath 38-8

So they ruined Cov Caths postseason only once.

I was talking all sports.