Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates

859Radio

Who Wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Highlands
    • Cooper

This poll is closed to new votes

Big 5A game with huge district implications.  Cooper has a 7 point loss to Ryle and a 4OT loss to CovCath.  Highlands seems to have their QB decision made and are getting healthier week by week.   HHS held CCH to 8 points and snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Cooper has more confidence in this game than maybe any in their brief history of this rivalry.  Highlands wants to regain the confidence they had with wins over Bowling Green, Simon Kenton and Campbell Co early in the season and only have a win over Boone County since.  On paper this looks like a Cooper win with that dominant defense they have surrendering only 12 point a game.  But....there's something that just tells me this one is going to be a really close game and comes down to the wire.  The exciting news is that this game can be seen on (859) Sports Radio!!!  Click here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Bluebird said:

What was the injury to WR Welch?  Is he coming back?

Unfortunately, Jake’s football career is over. Kid has battled so much and overcome a ton in his short career. It is no coincides that the HHS offense started to tank when he went down; he was a game changer. 

Hopefully, he will be healthy by the start of track because he has a legitimate college career ahead of him if he is healthy. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

Are the Birds getting any healthier at the RB position anytime soon? I'm not taking anything away from Sam Robinson. In my opinion he's the best all around football player on the team. But, he needs to play D.

Sam Robinson does play D. Looks like Sam, Surrey, Hodge have some kind of rotation that's what it has been like all year. Sam being the starter majority of the game. I don't know why he did not start on D against Cov Cath, no shader throw towards Hodge I think he's great.

22 minutes ago, Karen said:

Sam Robinson does play D. Looks like Sam, Surrey, Hodge have some kind of rotation that's what it has been like all year. Sam being the starter majority of the game. I don't know why he did not start on D against Cov Cath, no shader throw towards Hodge I think he's great.

Robinson did not see lay much D against CovCath because he was the primary ball carrier

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Cooper by 14, but if Highlands brings the elephant tusk, Cooper by 10.

20 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

What does that even mean?

Look just to the left of the center door frame. That, my friend, is an elephant tusk.

IMG_20211017_201858.thumb.jpg.5afbcd5d7a088f897ee24bae44f26a2f.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Robinson did not see lay much D against CovCath because he was the primary ball carrier

Again we needed somebody to tote the ball.  I am sure he graded out as best option limiting  his defensive snaps.  Obviously last game the problem wasn’t the defense.  I think the offense best series was the last.  

Cooper has a pocket passer and a very good running back so another tough game.  I do think the defense had a fantastic game.  Go back and watch the game and tell me some kids can’t tackle.  Some acts on here are getting old.