Highlands at Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Birds vs. Colonels  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2021 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

Interesting reading.  #2 Boler is getting better and better.  You can’t have lb”s in coverage if you can’t stop the run.  Last week you started the game with two outside lb’s playing inside.  They went with a 4-3 as Ryle was running off big tackle.   It doesn’t get any easier with WKU commit #58 next week. A strong tackle for sure.  A few thoughts birds need to get healthy. Noon can’t be run 1st, 2nd and think about pass 3rd. Whoever return the ball on special teams run  North to South in a hurry no freeze frame action.  Find somebody to tote the ball.  Birds stop playing touch football, tackle…..

TACKLE yes they need to do way better you hit the nail on the head.

21 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Dixie is that bad huh?

The game I saw them they were predictable on offense, very limited, and in spite of a very good QB, they couldn't do anything on that side of the ball.  They are physically imposing across the board, and their defense is okay, but you can't lean on one side of the ball the entire night and hope they can keep you in the game.  They have a few explosive athletes, but getting them the ball in space seems to be a challenge.

• Thanks 1

Highlands has maybe like 6 players that stood out to me and can tackle, I have even seen these guys miss tackles, when I went to the Ryle vs highlands game I noticed that number 18, 30, 23, 26, 69, 79 are players that like to tackle but like I said I have seen those guys miss tackles so highlands Is missing a for sure tackler on that team. Its a big problem. 

After thinking a lot about this game and how the past two weeks have gone for HHS, I am going to stamp this as a "Must Win" game. I don't necessarily like to think one game is more important than another, but after starting off the season on top of the world then humbly crashing back to reality, I think HHS has to win the game to keep the confidence of the players and fans in Ft. Thomas; especially with CCH looming in the near future. In past years the last two weeks would have sent the team spiraling downward with no return possible. Will the new leadership not allow this to happen? Will they keep the team together; and just as important, the staff together? My personal opinion is YES; they will get the Birds back on track. We shall see... 

Go Birds! 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

After thinking a lot about this game and how the past two weeks have gone for HHS, I am going to stamp this as a "Must Win" game. I don't necessarily like to think one game is more important than another, but after starting off the season on top of the world then humbly crashing back to reality, I think HHS has to win the game to keep the confidence of the players and fans in Ft. Thomas; especially with CCH looming in the near future. In past years the last two weeks would have sent the team spiraling downward with no return possible. Will the new leadership not allow this to happen? Will they keep the team together; and just as important, the staff together? My personal opinion is YES; they will get the Birds back on track. We shall see... 

Go Birds! 

I agree with the must win mindset for the Birds this week.  If Dixie beats Highlands they may be too far down to come back this season.  With that said, Highlands does have Conner and Boone the next two weeks so there is some light in the tunnel. 

• Like 1

I expect this to be a good contest.  I hope QB play returns but to be candid the receiving core has been decimated with injuries.  Key people are out this week.  Last week at Ryle, Harris played little to no defense and LaFrange was moved to keep Ryle from getting outside which he did. No beef against Welsh, Hodge but they are speed guys not going to take on a ground and pound attack.  It is funny that some #s mentioned earlier this thread has not watched any film because 14, 21/65/ what jersey this week was not mentioned.  In Ryle game they were asked to do other roles but if you watched The McNick film you know who tackles.  

what we need is for some to step up and that Soph class that loves the press shows up!    We need players to take responsibility.  Time can be had right now.  

On 9/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Bluebird said:

Is this game live streamed?

On 9/21/2021 at 8:45 AM, nees1212 said:

Dixie has their youtube channel, but it looks like only soccer is using it this year.

On 9/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, El Diablo said:

Any way to listen to this one on the radio or anything?

Highlands Athletics tweeted about an hour ago that the game will be livestreamed on the Dixie Heights Athletics YouTube Channel.

• Thanks 2