Male vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2021 at 11:30 PM

21 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

If Male wins similarly to the St. X game, by a small margin, there's no doubt in my mind Trinity defeats them in the playoffs. Trinity is always a different beast in the playoffs. I honestly think the Rocks create a different regular season gameplan for teams they likely will play again in the playoffs. 

If Male smashes the Shamrocks, then it's Bulldogs 6A title to lose... 

This is a different staff….

Trinity's defense has been rebuilt with all new parts. Seeing X hang with Male might instill a little more confidence and belief in the Shamrocks, but I think in the end, Male exploits some matchup advantages in athleticism and experience and wins by about three scores. 

That schedule for Trinity, though... they'll be battle hardened by playoff time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fatsnbul said:

This is a different staff….

I think I read earlier in a post that they graduated 20 of 22 starters and a bunch of reserves.  That would make this an entire new group. Am I correct? For the state of Kentucky we all should hope T gets back on track. It make a take a season but I believe they will. As someone said Tradition never graduates, but experience does. 

11 minutes ago, laketime85 said:

I think I read earlier in a post that they graduated 20 of 22 starters and a bunch of reserves.  That would make this an entire new group. Am I correct? For the state of Kentucky we all should hope T gets back on track. It make a take a season but I believe they will. As someone said Tradition never graduates, but experience does. 

Correct. They start 5 or 6 sophomores on defense so really young but should benefit them for the future. The sophomore class went undefeated as freshman last year so good group.

• Like 1

Looking at Calpreps, 2 of Trinity's opponents are rated 5 and 6 points better than Male. Those are Carmel and La Salle. St. Rita is rated lower than Male by 12 points. Trinity's average margin of loss to those teams is 15 pts. Based on that data, I would say Trinity should lose by 14. That's just a projection on paper so Trinity could do better than this or could do worse. I look forward to seeing how the game goes.

• Like 1