Male vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2021 at 11:30 PM

#1 Male (3-0) will host #3 Trinity (0-4) after having a open week. Trinity is coming off a 48-27 loss to Ohio power La Salle. Last year Trinity defeated Male 28-0 in the 6A Championship.

Male is led by QB Nic Schutte who has thrown 540 yards and 7 touchdowns. WR Max Gainey leads the receivers with 5 touchdowns. WR Vinny Anthony leads in yards receiving with 232. RB Daniel Swinney has 432 yards and 7 touchdowns.

The Male defense has been led by LB Elijah Manning with 22 tackles. 2nd leading tackler is LB Thomas Price with 17.

Trinity was led by QB Brady Willis who was 17 of 24 with 274 yards and 3 touchdowns against La Salle. RB Armon Tucker had a great 1st half against La Salle rushing for 145 yards but was injured so his status is uncertain for this Friday. 

The young Trinity defense gave up 592 yards against La Salle.

Can the young Trinity secondary stop or slow the talented receiver corps of Male? Can Trinity win this game?

• Thanks 1

• Tigerpride94 changed the title to Male vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Male wins this one. Kind of like a scorer in basketball, just need to see the ball go through the net and the points start coming in bunches. Think this might be true about Trinity this year. Just need to get a win and they might get it going, but don’t think it will be this week especially if their RB is banged up. 

Male 31

Trinity 17

• Like 1

If Male wins similarly to the St. X game, by a small margin, there's no doubt in my mind Trinity defeats them in the playoffs. Trinity is always a different beast in the playoffs. I honestly think the Rocks create a different regular season gameplan for teams they likely will play again in the playoffs. 

If Male smashes the Shamrocks, then it's Bulldogs 6A title to lose... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

If Male wins similarly to the St. X game, by a small margin, there's no doubt in my mind Trinity defeats them in the playoffs. Trinity is always a different beast in the playoffs. I honestly think the Rocks create a different regular season gameplan for teams they likely will play again in the playoffs. 

If Male smashes the Shamrocks, then it's Bulldogs 6A title to lose... 

I wouldn't say I have no doubt, but I generally agree with this line of thinking. 

• Like 1

I don't think this is the kind of Trinity team that everyone is familiar with. Very young on both sides of the ball. Other than the SR running back this is the slowest Trinity team in the last 25 years, especially on defense. People don't realize the impact of Beaty not being on the sideline has on this young team. Male has too much speed and size at WR going against the young Trinity DBs. I'll take Male 42-17. 

• Like 1