BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 9/6

TheDeuce

Class 5A

1. Frederick Douglass at 6A Dunbar 

2. Owensboro vs. 2A #10 Owensboro Catholic 

3. South Warren vs. Gibson Southern (IN)

4. Highlands at McNicholas (OH)

5. Covington Catholic vs. 6A #10 Dixie Heights 

6. Southwestern -- OPEN 

7. Bowling Green vs. 4A #9 Hopkinsville 

8. Woodford County at 6A Tates Creek 

9. Pulaski County vs. 4A #2 Corbin

10. Scott County at 6A #5 Bryan Station

• Like 1

I know comparing scores is dumb but…

Highlands 21 Bowling Green 18

Bowling Green 14 McCracken 10

Graves 49 McCracken 16

Like I said you can’t put much stock in scores, but these scores say Graves is top 5. I am 100% biased and cannot be objective at all in this with my Eagles.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I know comparing scores is dumb but…

Highlands 21 Bowling Green 18

Bowling Green 14 McCracken 10

Graves 49 McCracken 16

Like I said you can’t put much stock in scores, but these scores say Graves is top 5. I am 100% biased and cannot be objective at all in this with my Eagles.

I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like this week will be the toughest challenge for Graves County yet this season...even tougher than Mayfield.  This is a Friday night game, not Saturday and they'll be traveling 200+ miles to play it.  That is going to be tough.  It would be on anyone.  I think the run game will be tough sledding for Graves County this week and they'll have to rely on the pass.  If they win and that is definite a possibility, I would agree they're top 10 in 5A and probably around 6 or 7.  It's just setting up to be a trap game for them with coming off back-to-back big wins and then having to travel 200+ miles/3 hours after going to school all day to play a game.  Much respect to them if they can roll out of Mt. Washington with a win.  Will you be at the game?

15 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Collins 3-0 and no love!

Collins is a solid team and capable of being top 10 eventually, but the blowout wins over J-town & Shelby Co aren't impressive and the 8 pt. win over a short-handed BC team is lacking.  They could be 7-0 heading into the Woodford Co. game without a true, quality win.  That game will tell the tale of their season and where they are as a team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Class 5A

1. Frederick Douglass at 6A Dunbar 

2. Owensboro vs. 2A #10 Owensboro Catholic 

3. South Warren vs. Gibson Southern (IN)

4. Highlands at McNicholas (OH)

5. Covington Catholic vs. 6A #10 Dixie Heights 

6. Southwestern -- OPEN 

7. Bowling Green vs. 4A #9 Hopkinsville 

8. Woodford County at 6A Tates Creek 

9. Pulaski County vs. 4A #2 Corbin

10. Scott County at 6A #5 Bryan Station

Woodford is WAY better than 8. Owensboro without Wimsatt not as high as 2. Other than that I love it.

3 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like this week will be the toughest challenge for Graves County yet this season...even tougher than Mayfield.  This is a Friday night game, not Saturday and they'll be traveling 200+ miles to play it.  That is going to be tough.  It would be on anyone.  I think the run game will be tough sledding for Graves County this week and they'll have to rely on the pass.  If they win and that is definite a possibility, I would agree they're top 10 in 5A and probably around 6 or 7.  It's just setting up to be a trap game for them with coming off back-to-back big wins and then having to travel 200+ miles/3 hours after going to school all day to play a game.  Much respect to them if they can roll out of Mt. Washington with a win.  Will you be at the game?

I am going to try and make it. It’s going to be tough getting off work and playing in EST time zone for me. May have to use a vacation day.