June Buchanan School: Well, how good are they really?

I think JBS is the only team in the 14th that might go to Lexington and win a game. They still could lose the 14th. I agree with Master on the tempo of the game dictates JBS and their fate.

You're absolutely right. They could lose the 14th. I agree. JBS is a slow down half court team, lets Stepp dribble around half court till he sees a hole in the offense and either kicks it out to Cox for the three or hands it off to Collins for an easy 2. I can see two or three fast paced teams in the region, in Hazard, Powell or PCC beating JBS. I've yet to see JBS prove themselves against a press and yet to see how they can run the ball. Sorry, I do not see JBS winning the 14th Region this year. It's just MY opinion and one person's opinion doesnt go far, but to say that JBS should be ranked state wise is a joke. The Mason co. game in my eyes was purely a fluke and wouldnt be close in another meeting. PCC has a very very solid team this year and a loss by 32 on their home floor tells me just how good Mason truly is. This is just my opinion, don't take it personally on any level..to You JBS fans. JBS does have a great team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to bluegrasspreps here and I am from maysville. I had to purchase a membership after reading all the neg comments about mason co after the 2 point win over JBS. Let me express my opinion now that I have waited 3 days to do so. Mason co is a top 5 team in the state of ky. Is JBS considered, no, if so they would be in the rankings. Anyone in their right mind would know a team ranked in the top 5 would be much better then the way they played against JBS. Jim Schue you said it right either mason co overlooked Jbs or just had a poor night which happens. JBS fans dont read to much into your 2 point loss to Mason co. For the comment about taking Miller away and we are just a average team, WRONG, Miller has been our leading scorer in only 1 games this season. I would bet you my last dollar if the game was played again JBS woudlnt come close and yes it would be very similar to the PCC game.

Welcome to the site, BTW. :thumb:

I am new to bluegrasspreps here and I am from maysville. I had to purchase a membership after reading all the neg comments about mason co after the 2 point win over JBS. Let me express my opinion now that I have waited 3 days to do so. Mason co is a top 5 team in the state of ky. Is JBS considered, no, if so they would be in the rankings. Anyone in their right mind would know a team ranked in the top 5 would be much better then the way they played against JBS. Jim Schue you said it right either mason co overlooked Jbs or just had a poor night which happens. JBS fans dont read to much into your 2 point loss to Mason co. For the comment about taking Miller away and we are just a average team, WRONG, Miller has been our leading scorer in only 1 games this season. I would bet you my last dollar if the game was played again JBS woudlnt come close and yes it would be very similar to the PCC game.

I am amazed that MC fans are so offended that JBS played them so close. Miller played a great game and had 28 and I hope he ends up at Uk because he is great team player. How much better could they have played? I think MC has a great team and will have a great year but does MC fans have to tear down JBS because the game was so close. But I guess everyone has their own opinion on things and time will tell if JBS is as good as I think.

Mason Co fans here are not tearing anyone down. We are defending what we know is a team that could beat JBS by 30. JBS took this 2 point loss and ran with it like they almost won a state title.It was more neg talk about the royals in that post it was terrible. It amazes me how a 2 point loss to a ranked team should just put you on the map. If you won the game perhaps you would be correct, then again maybe not. JBS got lucky friday night and trust me it was luck, mason played poor which I am sure you know but hate to admit.:sssh: This talk about to much pressure on Mason is a joke. Mason has proved year in and year out that they can play with the best teams in this state and as of now we havent played any of them. Knowing the kids the way I do, they get fired up for big games and rise to the occassion.:fight:

Mason is a one man show. The other four starters are not very talented. YOu could put Miller on any decent team and they would be rated very high, he is that good.

Disagree. Middleton is developing into a top-notch player. Settys would be a first option for a good many schools in the state. The rest are rock-solid role players with gobs of Sweet 16 experience.

Any team that loses its star at a critical time in a game is going to look shaky. That doesn't mean the rest of the team sucks, like some of you are alleging.

JBS is the best team in the 14th region and showed what they can do on Friday night. Yes Mason had a bad shooting night against the zone of JBS, but those things happen. JBS missed a lot of free throws too. Especially at crunch time, two front ends and Stepp missed 2 out of 3 when he was fouled on the 3, then 1 out of 2 with 7 sec to go. Everyone can say "IF" all they want, JBS is the real deal and are still really young. Maybe they will take a loss or two in the 5th/3rd, but at least they are playing in it. Will be a great experience. Their schedule this year is a lot tougher than most. Everyone has those games they throw in for a break and yes they have been known to do this more than most, but if you take a look at it this year, I think they have a pretty tough schedule and next year's will probably even be tougher with more age and experience. Keep up the good work Crusaders, look forward to watching you at Rupp!

Any team that plays Piarist & is not in their same district or region is pretty sad...

BTW I think JBS will win the 14th region

As I said before, Miller has been our leading scorer in only 1 game this season if i am correct. I do recall our scoring being pretty balanced thru-out the entire team. True, Miller is considered the backbone of this royal team but we constantly rotate 11 players.. Can we win games without him, you better believe it. Our JV kids and bench could start varsity at many schools right now, so lets not say Mason is a one man show until they get a solid performance from one that outscores everyone else consistantly game after game.:thumb:

GO read your rule book. THey got the call exactly right. If the shot goes he only gets one shot. If he missed it then he would have gotten two. IF your shooting a three and you get intentionally fouled then you get three shots, if you make it you only get one. THe refs made it look good in the first half and with the game on the line they knew who to put the fouls to. Miller's last three fouls espically the last one were phantom fouls. THe be a master of the hardwood you sure could use a refresher course on the rules of the game. Look it up if you dont agree with me.

Sorry to say that you don't have a clue about the rules. Rule 10 under rules and penalties says that ALL intentional fouls are two shots. Unless it's a 3 pt shot that does not go in then it's 3. Even if the 3 pt shot goes you would still get 2 shots. I'm afraid that you are the one that needs a refresher course. :)

Mason is a one man show. The other four starters are not very talented. YOu could put Miller on any decent team and they would be rated very high, he is that good.

Again you are way off. Their are 3 or 4 players that you could put on any team and it would make them better. Mason is a solid team. Miller wasn't even the best player on their team when they played PCC on Satruday night.

He played very well, but everyone else was contributing so he didn't even have to do much at all.

I don't think Mason is a one man team by any means, however, they are not an exceptional team without him. Mason just doesn't have that go to guy outside of Miller and this is based on the 3 or 4 times I have seen them play this year. As for the phantom fouls on Miller that is hogwash. All 5 were legit and to suggest otherwise is telling me you didn't watch the same game I did. I don't know how the outcome of a second game would be but I do believe the game would be very similiar to the first one with Mason winning a close one. They both are 2 solid KY high school teams that both will compete for their regional titles but neither is head and shoulders above the other contenders in their respective regions.

Mason Co fans here are not tearing anyone down. We are defending what we know is a team that could beat JBS by 30. JBS took this 2 point loss and ran with it like they almost won a state title.It was more neg talk about the royals in that post it was terrible. It amazes me how a 2 point loss to a ranked team should just put you on the map. If you won the game perhaps you would be correct, then again maybe not. JBS got lucky friday night and trust me it was luck, mason played poor which I am sure you know but hate to admit.:sssh: This talk about to much pressure on Mason is a joke. Mason has proved year in and year out that they can play with the best teams in this state and as of now we havent played any of them. Knowing the kids the way I do, they get fired up for big games and rise to the occassion.:fight:

You would be lucky to win if you played JBS again....you probably could not hit another last second shot...If Mason played as bad as you say and Miller had 28 then you are in trouble this year....

The officials called more tic tac stuff on JBS thank they did on Mason. Stepp had 3 fouls in the first half and Cox had 2 quick ones too. If I was going to homer someone, I sure wouldn't call, 3 fouls on a teams best player.

But a mistake by the officials almost cost Mason the game. When the intentional foul was called on JBS, the basketball went in so they counted the basket. But when they gave freethrows, they only gave them 1 shot. When the rule is "ALL INTENTIONAL FOULS ARE 2 SHOTS", no matter if the ball goes or not. So Mason should of gotten two shots and then the ball out. So if the 3 at the buzzer would not of went, they would of lost by one and would of been cheated out of a free throw, that would not of been a good situation for the officials to explain to the Royals.

Steppe reached and slapped all night. He's lucky it took as long as it did to get him 3 fouls. As for the whistle down the stretch, I saw what I saw, and that was a favorable whistle for JBS. Miller got called for a horrible 5th foul with about 2 minutes left. Then, as JBS was down 3, they drove to the basket, got a blocking call and made the basket. The Mason County player was planted in that spot about 2 seconds before the JBS player got there. I didn't say JBS homered them or cheated their brains out. I said they got a few whistles down the stretch, and they did.

Then, as JBS was down 3, they drove to the basket, got a blocking call and made the basket. The Mason County player was planted in that spot about 2 seconds before the JBS player got there. .

Yes after watching the replay the Mason player was in that spot for about 2 sec, but when Stepp went to the basket he went to the players left side on the baseline side and when he seen he was beat he leaned to his left and caused the contact, that is why it was a block! Yes he was in a spot, but he leaned to draw the contact, so since he initiated the contact the foul was on the Mason player. If not for the lean there probably would of been little or no contact at all.