June Buchanan School: Well, how good are they really?

We should all be thankful that Master of the HArdwood is not an official. First of all he has no clue about the rules of the game or officiating. You are still wrong about the intentional foul call. What rule book are you looking at? The NFHS rule which the KHSAA goes by does not agree with you look it up before you make another reply. And as for the block if the offensive player makes the contact with the defensive player then no foul should be called.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

1. The NFHS rule which the KHSAA goes by does not agree with you look it up before you make another reply.

2. And as for the block if the offensive player makes the contact with the defensive player then no foul should be called

3.We should all be thankful that Master of the HArdwood is not an official.

For one, if you are so confident in your knowledge of the rules, could you please site the rule number and article for us all to read please! Would love to see it where it says that you only shoot 1 shot for an intentional foul. If you don't post it, I'll just take it that you can't find it and you are wrong.

And two, you are correct in the part where you say if the offense makes the contact there is no foul or it could be offensive, but in this play the defensive player leans into the offense and "HE CAUSED" the contact and since the official judged that it effected or could have effected the shot he called the foul. Now there could of been a no call there, the ref could of held the whistle to wait and see if the shot goes in, but a lot of people don't agree with that, if it's a foul, it should be called a foul whether the shot goes or not.

Lastly, you don't have to be an official to know the rules of the game. If your going to be around basketball you should at least know what the rules are. There are a lot of coaches out here that know more rules than plenty of officials.

We should all be thankful that Master of the HArdwood is not an official. First of all he has no clue about the rules of the game or officiating. You are still wrong about the intentional foul call. What rule book are you looking at? The NFHS rule which the KHSAA goes by does not agree with you look it up before you make another reply. .

Just so you don't waste your whole Christmas Holiday looking for it, I figured I would give you an early Christmas present and show you how well you know the rules. Here is what it says about the rule in question:

Basketball NFHS Casebook

Rule 4

4.19.3-A Intentional Foul

SITUATION: B1 is charged with an intentional foul on A1 who is in the act of shooting: (a) a successful two-point or three-point try; (b) an unsuccessful two-point try; or © an unsuccessful three-point try.

RULING: In (a) and (b), A1 is awarded two free throws. In ©, A1 is awarded three free throws. In all situations following the free throws, Team A is awarded a throw-in at the out-ofbounds spot nearest the foul.

Merry Christmas to all of you, if I can help with any other rule clarifications I will be available for answers after Christmas! Heading to Florida for the holidays!

You would be lucky to win if you played JBS again....you probably could not hit another last second shot...If Mason played as bad as you say and Miller had 28 then you are in trouble this year....

I would take that action anytime. If anyone watches 14th region basketball it is well known that the officails tend to protect the stars and Clark Stepp tends to get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. On a nuetral court Mason wins in a blowout. But give JBS credit they did what they had to do to put thier team in position for a big upset. JBS is a top three team in the region for sure. I am not ready to crown them yet. This is JBS's time to shine and when the Steppp boys graduate they will return to a bottom third team. It is a simple enrollment issue with less than a 100 students it is tough to field a competitve team year in and year out. Just MHO.

You would be lucky to win if you played JBS again....you probably could not hit another last second shot...If Mason played as bad as you say and Miller had 28 then you are in trouble this year....

Lucky to win again come on man what are you smoking? JBS was unheard of until this game, now its like they are state champs. UK96 they didnt play as bad as i say they played as bad as everyone knows but u. See the top teams are based on games and performances not 1 game 1 performance. IF we played again JBS wouldnt stand a chance, just be lucky that mason played poor enough for JBS to stay pretty close. If you seriously think officials would put mason in one of the top 5 spots in ky and play the way they did friday night then I am beginning to worry about u. A persons judgement would know that it has to be an off night. As far as Mason being in trouble this year, Mason fans arent to worried about that we are competitive year in and year out. Uk96 now its time to move forward with this. Its over JBS Lost bottom line, and I know u JBS fans were:dancingpa tasting that sweet victory of a top ranked team until 3 seconds left. I would have gave anything to see your face when Setty sunk that 3 pointer to seal the game:scared:

Mason County is a better team than June Buchanan. There's no argument there, as far as I'm concerned. JBS is a good team in their area, but Mason County is a state contender with hopes of a state title. Buchanan would be tickled to death just to get to the state tournament, which by the way, I think they will.

I must tell everyone that said Miller is what makes mason co and without him we are just average. Well we played tonight and guess what, Darius Miller again wasnt our leading scorer. Trevor Setty had like 8 3 pointers about 29 points. Oh and yes we won

Taking nothing away from Trevor, but 8 3's in a game by anyone not named Lofton, Mayo, etc. is just bad defense. Tons of players in KY that could stand out and hit threes, if nobody gets a hand in their face?? Didn't they score about 90 in that game??