Sign in to follow this  
mcpapa

Tiger Woods Involved in Car Crash

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I will add a 4th possibility of a possible suicide attempt.  

I hope you are wrong on this. It never even entered my mind for Tiger.

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I hope you are wrong on this. It never even entered my mind for Tiger.

Me too and at this point it sounds like speed is the most likely cause. 

Wearing a seatbelt per the recently concluded presser.  

4 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Plus lots of airbags and a new vehicle with I assume many advanced safety features.

14 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

His wearing a seatbelt makes suicide unlikely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Me too and at this point it sounds like speed is the most likely cause. 

That is what the Los Angeles Times is saying now, quoting sheriff department sources, that Tiger was traveling at a high rate of speed on that road which was hilly and had a speed limit of 45MPH.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-02-23/tiger-woods-injured-after-car-accident-la

5 minutes ago, nkypete said:

That is what the Los Angeles Times is saying now, quoting sheriff department sources, that Tiger was traveling at a high rate of speed on that road which was hilly and had a speed limit of 45MPH.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-02-23/tiger-woods-injured-after-car-accident-la

Right, the evidence appears to span roughly 500ft which is astounding in my opinion. 

Driving a top heavy SUV like a maniac is a lot different than driving a Maserati or a @bugatti.

Compound fracture and shattered ankle, the result of “crush” injuries on his legs. Awful, but seems he’s lucky to be alive. 

Apparently he left his hotel in a big hurry, nearly hitting another car, and was described as being agitated. He was supposed to be meeting Drew Brees and Justin Herbert for some golf function, and based on where he was going, it was obvious he  was running late. Probably just a case of him being in a hurry and losing control.

This is probably the end of his being competitive in PGA events. I’d be shocked if he’s back this year, and as beat up as his body was even before this, it wouldn’t shock me if he doesn’t play competitively again. I can’t imagine tiger limping his way around and just showing up to collect an appearance fee.

On 2/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, theguru said:

Plus lots of airbags and a new vehicle with I assume many advanced safety features.

For what it is worth, the vehicle was a Genesis SUV. It was a Genesis event he was hosting over the weekend, so that makes sense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swamprat said:

For what it is worth, the vehicle was a Genesis SUV. It was a Genesis event he was hosting over the weekend, so that makes sense. 

Now that Tiger is out of the woods (okay I will show myself out) I believe there is a real opportunity for Genesis and Tiger to do an advertising campaign together. 

• Haha 2

I had no idea that most cars today have event data recorders (EDR), also called a "black box".  I have a 2011 Toyota Camry, so I haven't purchased a car in a few years.  It will be interesting to see what Tiger's EDR tells us about the accident.

2 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Image result for A Christmas Story Randy gif

flicklives

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

Image result for A Christmas Story Randy gif

That's about par for the course for Randy.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this