Tiger Woods Involved in Car Crash

mcpapa

From USA Today:

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday the cause of Tiger Woods' February car crash has been determined and the investigation has concluded, but he needs Woods' permission to release the report. “You have an accident and you have deliberate acts,” Villanueva said on a Facebook livestream session in response to a question from USA TODAY Sports. “It’s an accident, OK.

================

In Kentucky Collision Reports are public record but apparently not in California and either way the Sheriff says it was an accident...

2 hours ago, theguru said:

From USA Today:

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday the cause of Tiger Woods' February car crash has been determined and the investigation has concluded, but he needs Woods' permission to release the report. “You have an accident and you have deliberate acts,” Villanueva said on a Facebook livestream session in response to a question from USA TODAY Sports. “It’s an accident, OK.

================

In Kentucky Collision Reports are public record but apparently not in California and either way the Sheriff says it was an accident...

So, what does that mean happened if they are being that secretive?  I'd be satisfied with multiple choice.🤨

In short the collision investigators say Tiger was going roughly 83 mph (I have also heard in the news 84 to 87 mph) in a 45 with no braking input and we know that from the data recorder in the vehicle.  Additionally that sounds like it is pretty much it as far as the depth of the investigation.  Finally they said he hit a tree at 75 mph.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, theguru said:

Now that Tiger is out of the woods (okay I will show myself out) I believe there is a real opportunity for Genesis and Tiger to do an advertising campaign together. 

Quoting myself I know but in my opinion Genesis deserves a pat on the back here for building such a safe vehicle. 

28 minutes ago, theguru said:

Quoting myself I know but in my opinion Genesis deserves a pat on the back here for building such a safe vehicle. 

Yeah no kidding. This may be the best unintentional and unfortunate good pr ever. I mean hitting a tree at 75 mph and not only did Tiger survive but suffered minor injuries relative to the severity of the accident. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Something is still fishy about this.  No braking.  Very high speed.  Tiger has no recollection of event.

I tend to agree.  I heard some speculation (I think it was speculation and not fact) that Tiger may have hit the accelerator instead of the brake when he realized he was in trouble.  I realize he may not have been familiar with the vehicle but cars are standardized in that respect.

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

I tend to agree.  I heard some speculation (I think it was speculation and not fact) that Tiger may have hit the accelerator instead of the brake when he realized he was in trouble.  I realize he may not have been familiar with the vehicle but cars are standardized in that respect.

Uh, yeah, it's the long pedal on the right.

I doubt we ever find out what Tiger  was doing. Looked at his phone? Practicing for Le Mans? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theguru said:

Wildest speculation that I've seen so far, was that the car was hacked and someone electronically disabled the brakes and engaged the accelerator.  😅

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Wildest speculation that I've seen so far, was that the car was hacked and someone electronically disabled the brakes and engaged the accelerator.  😅

Although I don't believe that it is only a matter of time before it happens.  Think I, Robot.  Same with planes too...

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, theguru said:

I just saw Tiger saying he may pick and choose some tournaments to play in, that's really good news. 

The fact that he's able to play in ANY tournament at all, is really good news.  Heck, if the only thing he could do was to play in the Masters for the next 10 years, as a fan, I'd take it.