Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Chris Wolfe want out at Male?

Featured Replies

From the "Is Highlands still a top job?" thread:

This is probably a discussion for another thread, but it seems like Wolfe may just want out of Male, for whatever reason. Showing interest in Highlands and Trinity at basically the same time. 

=============

It does seem that way and beyond the talent at Male who can blame anyone for wanting out of JCPS.

What do you think, does Coach Wolfe want out at Male?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Harry Doyle
    Harry Doyle

    FWIW...   Going off his total years experience teaching on the Jefferson County pay scale, I know for a FACT he is making in the neighborhood of 83-85K then the coaching stipend for his years/“

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    If he wanted to stay at Male he wouldn’t be flirting with leaving.  To me it is really that simple.   I love my wife.  Therefore I don’t flirt with women.  I’m happy as hell.   I hate my job and the d

  • Male is going to be really good for the foreseeable future. I think it is more a case of people WANT Coach Wolfe to leave because they are tough to beat. They were very young in 2020. He and his staff

From conversations I've had with other coaches that would know.... .I believe the answer is no. 

I mean, this could  lead to a discussion for even another thread imo.

Is Male a good school to coach at?

I have head things on here but I am wondering what the big rub is on JCPS? Seems like a great job.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Sweeperboy said:

I mean, this could  lead to a discussion for even another thread imo.

Is Male a good school to coach at?

I have head things on here but I am wondering what the big rub is on JCPS?

You can go any of those directions you want in this thread. 

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

You can go any of those directions you want in this thread. 

Good point.

Based on what I’ve heard he asked Highlands for (in terms of compensation) I get the impression that he has no interest in HHS unless he was able to get the moon and then some. If it’s true what he asked for, then he absolutely knew they would say no and wanted them to say no. Just my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Based on what I’ve heard he asked Highlands for (in terms of compensation) I get the impression that he has no interest in HHS unless he was able to get the moon and then some. If it’s true what he asked for, then he absolutely knew they would say no and wanted them to say no. Just my opinion. 

Why not just share the rumored figure?

12 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Why not just share the rumored figure?

I was told he wanted 150k in salary and did not want to teach.

Just to chime in, and while I would like the opposite to be true,  but its my understanding (FWIW) that he's happy there.  He has opinions he's not shy about sharing on Twitter, but happy from a coaching standpoint.   

Coach Wolfe has been highly critical of the decision makers in Jefferson County Public Schools throughout the course of their dealings with COVID and its impact on sports in Kentucky and Jefferson County. It can easily be surmised that he has been unhappy with JCPS, his employer, this school year. What you have to ask from there is, is he unhappy about JCPS moving forward?

I think it's pretty obvious that he likes Louisville. He's been working here since at least '99, when he started at Waggener. And unless I'm mistaken, he's been with JCPS for the entirety of his time here in Louisville, so that would at least seem to imply that he has been pretty happy with the school district.

So, to me, the questions that would need to be answered in order to determine whether or not he want's out at Male are:

1) Has the way JCPS has handled sports during the COVID pandemic created enough of a rift between the school district and Coach Wolfe that he's actively interested in leaving?

2) Is there reason to question what JCPS will do to change the face of the sports being played in their schools in the "post-COVID" landscape?

3) Is he unhappy about his pay, and/or, is there enough money available in jobs elsewhere to make Coach Wolfe unhappy about what he is making at Male?

20 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I was told he wanted 150k in salary and did not want to teach.

He needs to apply for the Superintendents position to make that!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.