Does Chris Wolfe want out at Male?

theguru

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

There is a reason why I asked these questions. Anyone know the answers?

I will add this question. Does Coach Wolfe have any children in school at Male?

I believe this is one of the things that came up last year when this rumor began circulating. He was a little perturbed that his daughter (i think) didn't get into Male.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Maleman58 said:

It is safe to say this...if he wanted out, he would already be out. 

Also agree 100%.  Obviously everyone has stated their disagreement or even disdain for JCPS, but as far as the school itself, hard to find a better job than Male.  He's in a good situation.  Male has tradition, a very supportive alumni base and also his administration at the school is great.  I've coached football with Male's current principal, Willie Foster.  He is a former BE football player under Mike Egan, former head football coach at BC, Waggener and I believe asst. coach at St. X under Coach Glaser.  He backs football 100%, so can't complain about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

I believe this is one of the things that came up last year when this rumor began circulating. He was a little perturbed that his daughter (i think) didn't get into Male.

Thanks for the info. That is what I have heard also. That would be another reason Wolfe would be upset with Male and JCPS and perhaps want out.

Flip side - for most parents and families the worst time to move is when kids are in high school. The kids have friends and loyalties that they are upset about leaving. 

FWIW...

Going off his total years experience teaching on the Jefferson County pay scale, I know for a FACT he is making in the neighborhood of 83-85K then the coaching stipend for his years/“level” per JeffCo is another almost 8.  

So he is into the 90K+ range right now altogether.  I don’t know his teaching schedule, but I’ve heard on very reliable source(s) that he has a great situation.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Thanks for the info. That is what I have heard also. That would be another reason Wolfe would be upset with Male and JCPS and perhaps want out.

Flip side - for most parents and families the worst time to move is when kids are in high school. The kids have friends and loyalties that they are upset about leaving. 

Without a doubt.  Just so many factors to packing up and moving your family, especially in this state where there is usually little to no financial benefit(s) like there is in TX, AL, GA, SC, etc.  

You factor in the above along w/ the fact that people don’t leave state championship caliber jobs for other state championship caliber jobs?

Very few, if any state title winning coaches in this state had any at their previous stop(s) .  They didn’t leave one for the other. 

- Ty Scroggins didnt 

- Sam Harp didn’t 

- Kevin Wallace didn’t 

As a matter of fact, you take the almost 20 years of combined previous head coaching stops amongst those three and there was only ONE Region Title amongst them (Sam Harp- Anderson Co ‘87)

Now, Duffy left one for another, obviously. However I’m guessing it was also a substantial pay raise just going off the pay scales of Danville/FTH currently. 

4 hours ago, Harry Doyle said:

Without a doubt.  Just so many factors to packing up and moving your family, especially in this state where there is usually little to no financial benefit(s) like there is in TX, AL, GA, SC, etc.  

You factor in the above along w/ the fact that people don’t leave state championship caliber jobs for other state championship caliber jobs?

Very few, if any state title winning coaches in this state had any at their previous stop(s) .  They didn’t leave one for the other. 

- Ty Scroggins didnt 

- Sam Harp didn’t 

- Kevin Wallace didn’t 

As a matter of fact, you take the almost 20 years of combined previous head coaching stops amongst those three and there was only ONE Region Title amongst them (Sam Harp- Anderson Co ‘87)

Now, Duffy left one for another, obviously. However I’m guessing it was also a substantial pay raise just going off the pay scales of Danville/FTH currently. 

Winner winner chicken dinners...