Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Chris Wolfe want out at Male?

Featured Replies

It is safe to say this...if he wanted out, he would already be out. 

  • Replies 36
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Harry Doyle
    Harry Doyle

    FWIW...   Going off his total years experience teaching on the Jefferson County pay scale, I know for a FACT he is making in the neighborhood of 83-85K then the coaching stipend for his years/“

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    If he wanted to stay at Male he wouldn’t be flirting with leaving.  To me it is really that simple.   I love my wife.  Therefore I don’t flirt with women.  I’m happy as hell.   I hate my job and the d

  • Male is going to be really good for the foreseeable future. I think it is more a case of people WANT Coach Wolfe to leave because they are tough to beat. They were very young in 2020. He and his staff

4 minutes ago, Maleman58 said:

It is safe to say this...if he wanted out, he would already be out. 

I have to agree with this.
Let’s get back to the Highlands thread, nothing to see here. 

As vocal as he was about JCPS, If wasn’t Male coach probably would have been replaced. I’d say he would only leave if pay was good enough since has great job.

38 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

I have to agree with this.
Let’s get back to the Highlands thread, nothing to see here. 

Just wondering, what's to see on the Highlands thread?

30 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Just wondering, what's to see on the Highlands thread?

Well  why don’t you just wonder on over and read the 64 pages and you will find out.

37 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Well  why don’t you just wonder on over and read the 64 pages and you will find out.

One word seems to describe it, repetition.

4 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I was told he wanted 150k in salary and did not want to teach.

Sounds like he isn't leaving Male unless it's for a school in Texas then.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Doesn't Coach Wolfe have high school age kids? Where do they go to school?

There is a reason why I asked these questions. Anyone know the answers?

I will add this question. Does Coach Wolfe have any children in school at Male?

17 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

I mean, this could  lead to a discussion for even another thread imo.

Is Male a good school to coach at?

I have head things on here but I am wondering what the big rub is on JCPS? Seems like a great job.

100% Male is a good job.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

There is a reason why I asked these questions. Anyone know the answers?

I will add this question. Does Coach Wolfe have any children in school at Male?

I believe this is one of the things that came up last year when this rumor began circulating. He was a little perturbed that his daughter (i think) didn't get into Male.

16 hours ago, Maleman58 said:

It is safe to say this...if he wanted out, he would already be out. 

Also agree 100%.  Obviously everyone has stated their disagreement or even disdain for JCPS, but as far as the school itself, hard to find a better job than Male.  He's in a good situation.  Male has tradition, a very supportive alumni base and also his administration at the school is great.  I've coached football with Male's current principal, Willie Foster.  He is a former BE football player under Mike Egan, former head football coach at BC, Waggener and I believe asst. coach at St. X under Coach Glaser.  He backs football 100%, so can't complain about that.

30 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

I believe this is one of the things that came up last year when this rumor began circulating. He was a little perturbed that his daughter (i think) didn't get into Male.

Thanks for the info. That is what I have heard also. That would be another reason Wolfe would be upset with Male and JCPS and perhaps want out.

Flip side - for most parents and families the worst time to move is when kids are in high school. The kids have friends and loyalties that they are upset about leaving. 


FWIW...
 

Going off his total years experience teaching on the Jefferson County pay scale, I know for a FACT he is making in the neighborhood of 83-85K then the coaching stipend for his years/“level” per JeffCo is another almost 8.  
 

So he is into the 90K+ range right now altogether.  I don’t know his teaching schedule, but I’ve heard on very reliable source(s) that he has a great situation.  

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Thanks for the info. That is what I have heard also. That would be another reason Wolfe would be upset with Male and JCPS and perhaps want out.

Flip side - for most parents and families the worst time to move is when kids are in high school. The kids have friends and loyalties that they are upset about leaving. 

Without a doubt.  Just so many factors to packing up and moving your family, especially in this state where there is usually little to no financial benefit(s) like there is in TX, AL, GA, SC, etc.  

You factor in the above along w/ the fact that people don’t leave state championship caliber jobs for other state championship caliber jobs?

Very few, if any state title winning coaches in this state had any at their previous stop(s) .  They didn’t leave one for the other. 
 

- Ty Scroggins didnt 

- Sam Harp didn’t 

- Kevin Wallace didn’t 

As a matter of fact, you take the almost 20 years of combined previous head coaching stops amongst those three and there was only ONE Region Title amongst them (Sam Harp- Anderson Co ‘87)

Now, Duffy left one for another, obviously. However I’m guessing it was also a substantial pay raise just going off the pay scales of Danville/FTH currently. 

4 hours ago, Harry Doyle said:

Without a doubt.  Just so many factors to packing up and moving your family, especially in this state where there is usually little to no financial benefit(s) like there is in TX, AL, GA, SC, etc.  

You factor in the above along w/ the fact that people don’t leave state championship caliber jobs for other state championship caliber jobs?

Very few, if any state title winning coaches in this state had any at their previous stop(s) .  They didn’t leave one for the other. 
 

- Ty Scroggins didnt 

- Sam Harp didn’t 

- Kevin Wallace didn’t 

As a matter of fact, you take the almost 20 years of combined previous head coaching stops amongst those three and there was only ONE Region Title amongst them (Sam Harp- Anderson Co ‘87)

Now, Duffy left one for another, obviously. However I’m guessing it was also a substantial pay raise just going off the pay scales of Danville/FTH currently. 

Winner winner chicken dinners...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.