Beechwood 35 West Carter 34

theguru

Congratulations to Beechwood. West Carter has nothing to hang their heads about. They done things their school has never done. West Carter Beat Russell on their 28th try  and they went toe to toe with a very good Beechwood team in the State Semi-Finals. This is the best team in West Carter history by far.

• Like 3

Instant. Classic.

Lots can be said about this one, here are my Top 3 things:

1. Bravo boys! What a game. What a display of coaching. What heart. A truly great football game that was played very well.

2. Cameron Hergott is Mr. Football. Anyone else and this award needs to be done away with. Tonight was the equivalent of his "Heisman Moment". Come from behind win with a gutsy two point conversion to cap it.

3. Beechwood will have all the pomp and pageantry of the 2A Finals so let me just take this time to give an electronic standing ovation to West Carter. So impressive. Legit. Tough. Clutch. Just someone had to win and Beechwood was one point better.

Here's your standing O Comets courtesy of one my all-time favorite movies as a kid!

Best Cool Runnings Slow Clap GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 9

I thoughly enjoyed watching that game. I usually can't watch a high school game on the internet. 

Congrats to BW and Congrats to WC. Both play well enough to win. Hergott made some big time throws to win this game. The call to go for 2 was gutsy and Hergott would not be denied on that play with nothing there, he found his guy and they live to fight another game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Instant. Classic.

1. Bravo boys! What a game. What a display of coaching. What heart. A truly great football game that was played very well.

2. Cameron Hergott is Mr. Football. Anyone else and this award needs to be done away with. Tonight was the equivalent of his "Heisman Moment". Come from behind win with a gutsy two point conversion to cap it.

3. Beechwood will have all the pomp and pageantry of the 2A Finals so let me just take this time to give an electronic standing ovation to West Carter. So impressive. Legit. Tough. Clutch. Just someone had to win and Beechwood was one point better.

Here's your standing O Comets courtesy of one my all-time favorite movies as a kid!

What ATL said. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Instant. Classic.

Is that Cool Runnings? 

• Like 2

What a game by both teams. West Carter showed they were a team to be reckoned with. Luckily Cam Hergott was just the young man to do some wrecking. Cam is legit and has earned every award he is going to get this year. The kid has done nothing but be Mr. Everything for Beechwood. If Beechwood wants to compete next week they have to figure out their defense and the penalty situation. There must have been 20 holding penalties against Beechwood tonight. If they can do that it will be an entertaining Championship game. 

Was anyone else aggravated with the officials constantly stopping the game for measurements and them being a yard or more either way? This day in age the measuring is only for 4th down really close measurements not on a 1st down play. Officiating was frustrating all night for me.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

What a game by both teams. West Carter showed they were a team to be reckoned with. Luckily Cam Hergott was just the young man to do some wrecking. Cam is legit and has earned every award he is going to get this year. The kid has done nothing but be Mr. Everything for Beechwood. If Beechwood wants to compete next week they have to figure out their defense and the penalty situation. There must have been 20 holding penalties against Beechwood tonight. If they can do that it will be an entertaining Championship game. 

Was anyone else aggravated with the officials constantly stopping the game for measurements and them being a yard or more either way? This day in age the measuring is only for 4th down really close measurements not on a 1st down play. Officiating was frustrating all night for me.

Yes, especially when looks and math will tell you it is a first down or not.

• Like 1