Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia Tech 79 Kentucky 62

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, mcpapa said:

For those that live and die on every UK possession (and I'm not one of them), does the phrase "opt out" enter into anyone's thinking if things don't turn around in a couple of months?

I'll always be a fan, but interest level has already waned quite a bit.  If not for Dontaie, I don't know if I'd make sure to sit down and watch the games live.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I can't decide if Clarke looked good, or if he was uncharacteristically making a lot of shots. Hell, by that fact, UK was "hot" by their standards (small sample size) and it was the difference in them losing by what they did and them losing by 30.

I just felt like he looked aggressive, took good shots and knocking them down.  He looked a lot better in this game than the previous ones.

16 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I'll always be a fan, but interest level has already waned quite a bit.  If not for Dontaie, I don't know if I'd make sure to sit down and watch the games live.

That's pretty much where I am. I have no emotional ties to any of these guys, aside from Dontaie and probably Jackson (mainly because I like the way he plays).

 

Main component missing from this team is PG play. Don't think that can be fixed with the personnel on hand. 

Cal said says Georgia Tech threw Kentucky off going small and spreading them out.

How about just giving Cal another substantial raise, that should straighten things right out.

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Cal said says Georgia Tech threw Kentucky off going small and spreading them out.

Thank God Tech didn't go slow, too.   The score could've been a  lot worse.

The one positive about watching games in empty arenas: instead of five times a game, we now get 37 times a game where we get to hear the players yell, “And Oooonnnneee.”

Gets old fast.

  • Author

Cal repeatedly says “we are a no excuses program”, but then says we’re too young and the schedule’s too hard?????  Sounds like Ricky P talking out of both sides of his mouth!!

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Cal repeatedly says “we are a no excuses program”, but then says we’re too young and the schedule’s too hard?????  Sounds like Ricky P talking out of both sides of his mouth!!

Sounds like the same Cal coach speak he has given us the past decade.

Not making excuses, but I do think the COVID circumstances puts teams like UK - which have a turned over roster with no experience - in front of a larger hurdle than they normally must climb. I know people only want to play power 5 schools scheduled to make the NCAA tournament, but this team needed the preseason warmup games and slate of low tier mid-majors before hitting the meat of the schedule from a confidence standpoint alone.

36 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Cal repeatedly says “we are a no excuses program”, but then says we’re too young and the schedule’s too hard?????  Sounds like Ricky P talking out of both sides of his mouth!!

To me they aren't excuses but facts.

He doesn't say it because he's looking for an excuse for their performance.  He typically says it because he constantly has to get the loudest of the fanbase to chill out.

24 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Not making excuses, but I do think the COVID circumstances puts teams like UK - which have a turned over roster with no experience - in front of a larger hurdle than they normally must climb. I know people only want to play power 5 schools scheduled to make the NCAA tournament, but this team needed the preseason warmup games and slate of low tier mid-majors before hitting the meat of the schedule from a confidence standpoint alone.

Definitely think those games are needed for younger teams to gel and be a cohesive unit.

22 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Cal said says Georgia Tech threw Kentucky off going small and spreading them out.

So Georgia Tech chose to play basketball the same way all successful teams have been doing over the last few years and Kentucky was thrown off by this? I'm a huge Kentucky fan and I like Calipari but at some point he's going to have to modernize/change his offensive philosophy or the game is going to pass him by.

3 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

So Georgia Tech chose to play basketball the same way all successful teams have been doing over the last few years and Kentucky was thrown off by this? I'm a huge Kentucky fan and I like Calipari but at some point he's going to have to modernize/change his offensive philosophy or the game is going to pass him by.

I’ve been chastised for calling Cal out for years on here.

image.png.bd0e6e2346df4a5a7b80000fadc5fe33.png

What?  They are way to young and this is the toughest schedule they've probably had since he's been at UK.  Those are both facts and pretty undebatable.  They are his own doing because he put this team together and COVID-19 helped dictate the schedule that they created, but they still created it.

What's not accurate about either of those two things?

4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They are way to young and this is the toughest schedule they've probably had since he's been at UK.

Morehead, Richmond, Kansas and Georgia Tech is the toughest schedule Cal has had at UK?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.