Beechwood at West Carter Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)

ATLCat

Beechwood at West Carter  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 06:00 PM

2 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

Have they played against a QB at the caliber of Hergott? 

West Carter has played against 3 decent QB's this year - Paintsville senior QB Jake Hyden, Walton-Verona junior QB Trey Hatmaker, and Shelby Valley freshman QB Russ Osborne.

Hyden is the best of the three with the best combination of experience and talent. Paintsville beat up West Carter 34-12 on 10/17. As good as Hyden is, he's no Cam Hergott.

It's a matchup nightmare for West Carter simply because they haven't seen a diverse offense like this all year and, ultimately, you have to choose which of the two areas you're willing to get beat in - on the ground or through the air - and pray you can bend and not break. I just think what Cam brings to the table is going to be too much for the Comets.

Keep in mind too...Beechwood is loaded with weapons, led by emerging junior tailback Avery Courtney and one of NKY's top game changers in sophomore WR/RB Mitchell Berger. 

32 minutes ago, GrahnEagle said:

I heard Jim McMahon was at practice the other day. He bought some pasture land off Goose Creek.

I wonder if he'll be doing the Super Bowl Shuffle at halftime Friday? Now THAT would be awesome. Maybe a mix of Jim with the various firetrucks/pumpers from around the region that will be doing work this week on the WCHS field. THAT would be an amazing halftime show. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

West Carter has played against 3 decent QB's this year - Paintsville senior QB Jake Hyden, Walton-Verona junior QB Trey Hatmaker, and Shelby Valley freshman QB Russ Osborne.

Hyden is the best of the three with the best combination of experience and talent. Paintsville beat up West Carter 34-12 on 10/17. As good as Hyden is, he's no Cam Hergott.

It's a matchup nightmare for West Carter simply because they haven't seen a diverse offense like this all year and, ultimately, you have to choose which of the two areas you're willing to get beat in - on the ground or through the air - and pray you can bend and not break. I just think what Cam brings to the table is going to be too much for the Comets.

Keep in mind too...Beechwood is loaded with weapons, led by emerging junior tailback Avery Courtney and one of NKY's top game changers in sophomore WR/RB Mitchell Berger. 

My thoughts as well. Hearing they have a good passing defense made me question just how good are the QB’s they’ve played. As much as everyone seems to believe BW doesn’t run the ball well I think Hergott’s play just overshadows Avery Courtney and Cole Stammer. When they’ve gotten the ball they’ve done very well. Both great running backs and if they can keep their footing, can have a big night come Friday. Hergott also killed Breathitt with his legs last week. He runs like that again, all while going 100% in the air, the game might be a running clock. 

59 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I wonder if he'll be doing the Super Bowl Shuffle at halftime Friday? Now THAT would be awesome. Maybe a mix of Jim with the various firetrucks/pumpers from around the region that will be doing work this week on the WCHS field. THAT would be an amazing halftime show. 

He's took a lot of head shots, he may not be able to remember the choreography. It's "far"trucks by the way, THAT is the preferred nomenclature. 

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Thought I watched it the next day on MyTown. Anyway with only 2 games in this area someone will be streaming it

My town does Raceland,Boyd County,Ashland,Ironton home games. Mantis Sports media does West Carter home games and Greenup Beacon Does Russell home games.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

1.  Who in the state is a better qb than Hergott?

2.  Paintsville beat up?  Their was a minimum 12 point swing on one questionable call, which to my understanding the explanation did not support to replay.  That td stands, there is no pick six, and paintsville is chasing west instead of being chased.

3.  A heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who has  taken the time to disrespect and delegitimize the accomplishments of this Comet team.  Those hard nosed young men thrive on adversity.

4 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

2.  Paintsville beat up?  Their was a minimum 12 point swing on one questionable call, which to my understanding the explanation did not support to replay.  That td stands, there is no pick six, and paintsville is chasing west instead of being chased.

3.  A heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who has  taken the time to disrespect and delegitimize the accomplishments of this Comet team.  Those hard nosed young men thrive on adversity.

If they need to be disrespected to get up for this game then they are in trouble. I’m pretty sure Beechwood isn’t disrespecting this team. They know it will be a tough game for them. 

14 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

If they need to be disrespected to get up for this game then they are in trouble. I’m pretty sure Beechwood isn’t disrespecting this team. They know it will be a tough game for them. 

Nah man anyone with a brain respects beechwood, what that program has respectfully accomplished is outstanding.  As far as the Comets being in trouble though, that’s how they approach everything.  

29 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

2 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

Nah man anyone with a brain respects beechwood, what that program has respectfully accomplished is outstanding.  As far as the Comets being in trouble though, that’s how they approach everything.  

This Beechwood fan has nothing but respect for West Carter. 

• Like 2