Beechwood at West Carter Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)

ATLCat

Beechwood at West Carter  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 06:00 PM

6 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

Nah man anyone with a brain respects beechwood, what that program has respectfully accomplished is outstanding.  As far as the Comets being in trouble though, that’s how they approach everything.  

Anyone that has ever played this great game knows that if you get this far you are dang good! 

As far as the Beechwood team and coaches disrespecting them or taking them to lightly I can promise you that that won’t happen! 

50 minutes ago, Kentucky9 said:

1.  Who in the state is a better qb than Hergott?

2.  Paintsville beat up?  Their was a minimum 12 point swing on one questionable call, which to my understanding the explanation did not support to replay.  That td stands, there is no pick six, and paintsville is chasing west instead of being chased.

3.  A heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who has  taken the time to disrespect and delegitimize the accomplishments of this Comet team.  Those hard nosed young men thrive on adversity.

1. There are some really good QB's in the state - Kaiya Sherron, Clay Games, Nick Broyles, Drew Nieves, Cole Pennington, Joe Lucas and more. Hard for anyone to put their finger on precisely who is the best. I will say, however, I don't believe there's a better all-around QB than Hergott this season. 

2. Lots of if's in that statement. Maybe you're right. Maybe it was a bad call. But maybe not. If it was indeed a horrendous call that shouldn't have stood, I retract my adjective. I did, note, however, the final score and the final yardage tally that showed Paintsville finished with 345 total yards to the Comets 171. That's notable. 

3. I get the rallying cry is "we're being looked over/disrespected". That works to motivate anyone, especially young athletes. It's a tried and true sports trope that is - sometimes - legit. However, no one, including me, is disrespecting the Comets. Coach Barker is one of the best young coaches in the state. Leetavious Cline is one of the top tailbacks in the state and I can't wait to see him play Friday if I'm being honest. Clearly there's some "it" factor with Orry Perry

I think the point those predicting a Beechwood win are trying to make is there's history - see last year's results - that points to a Tiger win here. Also, its not about disrespecting the Comets...more about respecting what Beechwood has accomplished this year.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

1. There are some really good QB's in the state - Kaiya Sherron, Clay Games, Nick Broyles, Drew Nieves, Cole Pennington, Joe Lucas and more. Hard for anyone to put their finger on precisely who is the best. I will say, however, I don't believe there's a better all-around QB than Hergott this season. 

2. Lots of if's in that statement. Maybe you're right. Maybe it was a bad call. But maybe not. If it was indeed a horrendous call that shouldn't have stood, I retract my adjective. I did, note, however, the final score and the final yardage tally that showed Paintsville finished with 345 total yards to the Comets 171. That's notable. 

3. I get the rallying cry is "we're being looked over/disrespected". That works to motivate anyone, especially young athletes. It's a tried and true sports trope that is - sometimes - legit. However, no one, including me, is disrespecting the Comets. Coach Barker is one of the best young coaches in the state. Leetavious Cline is one of the top tailbacks in the state and I can't wait to see him play Friday if I'm being honest. Clearly there's some "it" factor with Orry Perry

I think the point those predicting a Beechwood win are trying to make is there's history - see last year's results - that points to a Tiger win here. Also, its not about disrespecting the Comets...more about respecting what Beechwood has accomplished this year.

You hit it on the nail! It was well said! 

Beechwood won’t be underestimating or disrespecting West Carter; assure you that. Coaching staff would NEVER let that happen. I remember my Sophomore year we played an undefeated Fairview team with a solid running back in I believe round 2 or 3 of the playoffs. At practice all week we were being told he runs like Ricky Williams and how he was going to run all over us. Staff knew what they were doing and the end result was a 46-22 win. Look for this game to be similar. 

West Carter should be proud of what their program has accomplished win or lose tonight. Massive boost to the future of the program in Olive Hill. 

Prediction: Comets keep it close in the first half. Cam and the Tiger’s too much through 4 quarters. Cam for 200+ on the ground. 

BW 42

WC 21

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NKY25 said:

Beechwood won’t be underestimating or disrespecting West Carter; assure you that. Coaching staff would NEVER let that happen. I remember my Sophomore year we played an undefeated Fairview team with a solid running back in I believe round 2 or 3 of the playoffs. At practice all week we were being told he runs like Ricky Williams and how he was going to run all over us. Staff knew what they were doing and the end result was a 46-22 win. Look for this game to be similar. 

West Carter should be proud of what their program has accomplished win or lose tonight. Massive boost to the future of the program in Olive Hill. 

Prediction: Comets keep it close in the first half. Cam and the Tiger’s too much through 4 quarters. Cam for 200+ on the ground. 

BW 42

WC 21

What year was that? 

1 minute ago, Jason Bucklen said:

I remember that year. You guys had one heck of a team. Did you play the following year when you got revenge on Danville in the finals? 

I did. No sweeter feeling! That team that trounced us 42-7 was so good. They beat highlands that year. One of the best if not the best 1A team of all time. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

I remember that year. You guys had one heck of a team. Did you play the following year when you got revenge on Danville in the finals? 

We were told we were going to lose going into the game lol. Yeagle’s last year, and he had us practicing shotgun formation punts on 3rd down to “Win the field position game”. Also the skip pass that turned into a Danville touchdown. Just hand the damn ball to Peach and Menetrey would’ve been our best bet. He had everyone on that team scared to play and we had one hell of a team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NKY25 said:

We were told we were going to lose going into the game lol. Yeagle’s last year, and he had us or practicing shotgun formation punts on 3rd down to “Win the field position game”. Also the skip pass that turned into a Danville touchdown. Just hand the damn ball to Peach and Menetrey would’ve been our best bet. He had everyone on that team scared to play and we had one hell of a team. 

Tree was a beast! I was lucky enough to play with Berger, Wulfeck,  Huth, Brockoeft, Hergott, and Jones to name a few. 

But I agree with you tonight about the game. The Tigers won’t take West Carter lightly. They know it will be a tough place to play. 

• Like 1