Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Covington Catholic (5A Playoffs) Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      95%
    • Highlands
      4%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/28/2020 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Cov Cath should do a free broadcast this week. $15 is way way too much. It would be a classy thing to do. At least make it the cost of admission to a game ($5-$8). $15 to watch a high school broadcast is about as tacky as it gets. Why not make it $80! We got grandma right where we want her.

Not sure why the cost matters.  Highlands travels to Park Hills in charter buses.  Like the drive is an hour away.  What’s 15 bucks when you spend $800 on a 15 minute bus ride?

  • Replies 196
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Yikes. This is an all-time bad take.  They are high school students showing interest in a career path, and because you don't like it, the school should do something different? How is it embarrass

  • Jack of all Trades
    Jack of all Trades

    Not fun to hear the high school kids to me.  Do they do soccer, basketball or any other sport for that matter?  No they do not.  It is embarrassing to me that an adult is not calling the game and the

  • Or maybe the program is doing exactly what it is designed to do and entitled adults should be able to understand the purpose of it. 

Posted Images

This one is probably a little closer than in October, but it was such a mismatch up front last game that it's hard to see too much changing.

22 hours ago, Samcro said:

Back to the game...

From Cov Cath’s perspective, the Colonels need to play inspired, clean football.  Take nothing for granted.  Rest assured, the birdies will come ready to play.  If you look back at the course of this rivalry, there are several examples of the second act being a lot closer than the first.  I expect a hard fought, clean football game.  In the end, I hope the Colonels find a way.  

100% agree.

I expect the Birds to compete this week but I believe this will be the end of the "Weinrich Era" in Fort Thomas.

I hate to do this but I will take Covington Catholic in this game.

The interesting thing to me from the parts of the Lex Cath game I saw is Lex Cath's defensive scheme looked a lot like Highlands.

Also, I was very impressed by the coverage by Lex Cath's DB's in that game. 

14 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Not sure why the cost matters.  Highlands travels to Park Hills in charter buses.  Like the drive is an hour away.  What’s 15 bucks when you spend $800 on a 15 minute bus ride?

I don't charter buses anywhere, I am not an entire high school and most people that would watch online are not high schools either... $15 is just not worth it for watching it on a computer when I don't have any biological kids playing. I think most people would agree that is too much. You drop it to $8 people like me would pull the trigger on it. You should pay me $2.00 for reading my post if $15 is throw away cash. I know Catholics put a lot more money into their church, but they get more out of it than a random person (in theory).  It should never be more than the cost actual admission. Again, good for them for doing it for free this week.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I don't charter buses anywhere, I am not an entire high school and most people that would watch online are not high schools either... $15 is just not worth it for watching it on a computer when I don't have any biological kids playing. I think most people would agree that is too much. You drop it to $8 people like me would pull the trigger on it. You should pay me $2.00 for reading my post if $15 is throw away cash. I know Catholics put a lot more money into their church, but they get more out of it than a random person (in theory).  It should never be more than the cost actual admission. Again, good for them for doing it for free this week.

I would pay $8 to watch it. No chance I'd pay $15. You can get a monthly pass to the NFHS Network for $11 and watch hundreds of games across the country. 

If Highlands wants to win they have to pass the ball. Start Noe and Robinson at reciever and put South in the back field to block and catch the occasional screen pass. Covcath is big up front. The screen pass was the only thing that worked last go around. Noon running the ball every play wont work . Defensively Highlands has to penetrate the offensive line and keep Jacob's from running.  Stop that and the long ball to Reardon, we may have a game. 

When did $15 become a lot of money. Come on people!!! These schools have had very little income from admissions coming in for athletics this year. Think of it as charity and get into the holiday spirit and pay the $15.

My prediction is CCH 28-13. Should be closer especially if CCH have players out due to injury. 

I expect this game to be much tighter, at least through 3 quarters. Highlands “ain’t going out like that””. CovCath is fully prepared for a tug of war.

I guess I missed something, I went to CovCath website to purchase the digital tickets for tonight’s game. It says you need a passcode. So I emailed the the tickets @covcath.org and got a response saying that Highlands provides the passcode. Is CovCath not doing the Boxcast thing like they did for the 3 regular season home games? I’m trying to give them money for the game tonight but if they don’t want it then I guess I will simply listen to it.  Anyone know what’s going on? I like to watch the game on tv tonight. 

7 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

I guess I missed something, I went to CovCath website to purchase the digital tickets for tonight’s game. It says you need a passcode. So I emailed the the tickets @covcath.org and got a response saying that Highlands provides the passcode. Is CovCath not doing the Boxcast thing like they did for the 3 regular season home games? I’m trying to give them money for the game tonight but if they don’t want it then I guess I will simply listen to it.  Anyone know what’s going on? I like to watch the game on tv tonight. 

Please keep everyone updated on this.

40 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

I guess I missed something, I went to CovCath website to purchase the digital tickets for tonight’s game. It says you need a passcode. So I emailed the the tickets @covcath.org and got a response saying that Highlands provides the passcode. Is CovCath not doing the Boxcast thing like they did for the 3 regular season home games? I’m trying to give them money for the game tonight but if they don’t want it then I guess I will simply listen to it.  Anyone know what’s going on? I like to watch the game on tv tonight. 

Go to CovCath.org/CAN.  Scroll down to video streaming and you can buy tonight’s broadcast.  Here is a screenshot:

 

435DD995-D651-42AA-ABF2-B7D6DA70D21F.png

4 minutes ago, double said:

Go to CovCath.org/CAN.  Scroll down to video streaming and you can buy tonight’s broadcast.  Here is a screenshot:

 

435DD995-D651-42AA-ABF2-B7D6DA70D21F.png

Got it. Thanks. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.