Highlands at Covington Catholic (5A Playoffs) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2020 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Not fun to hear the high school kids to me.  Do they do soccer, basketball or any other sport for that matter?  No they do not.  It is embarrassing to me that an adult is not calling the game and the kids are chiming in as color analysts.  If you are going to have them, make sure they know every players name and most importantly know the rules of the game.

You're right they should really get rid of the cheerleaders and get some adult dancers that really know what they're doing too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Not fun to hear the high school kids to me.  Do they do soccer, basketball or any other sport for that matter?  No they do not.  It is embarrassing to me that an adult is not calling the game and the kids are chiming in as color analysts.  If you are going to have them, make sure they know every players name and most importantly know the rules of the game.

Yikes. This is an all-time bad take. 

They are high school students showing interest in a career path, and because you don't like it, the school should do something different? How is it embarrassing, exactly? Get over yourself. The Highlands football broadcast is an excellent program and should be implemented at more schools across the state. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

They are high school students showing interest in a career path, and because you don't like it, the school should do something different? How is it embarrassing, exactly? Get over yourself. The Highlands football broadcast is an excellent program and should be implemented at more schools across the state. 

Wish I could like this more than once.

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Cov Cath should do a free broadcast this week. $15 is way way too much. It would be a classy thing to do. At least make it the cost of admission to a game ($5-$8). $15 to watch a high school broadcast is about as tacky as it gets. Why not make it $80! We got grandma right where we want her.

The non-tacky news is the audio broadcast is free. And if 2 people were going to the game, you would be breaking even on the cost of the broadcast.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I guarantee you they would make more money off of it if they dropped it to like $9. Probably get over double the amount of people. And why not get Cov Cath high school kids to do it like the Highlands format? They stumble through it a little more but it's fun to see a high school kid try something and succeed. 

As far as I am concerned the Highlands Broadcasting Network is the gold standard and I would like to see high school kids integrated into all broadcasts of high school sports with the exception of maybe the State Championships.

I don't want to dwell on this but Highlands and CovCath are funded different ways so I can't fault CovCath here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

The non-tacky news is the audio broadcast is free. And if 2 people were going to the game, you would be breaking even on the cost of the broadcast.

See I knew Cov Cath would take the high road. Sorry if it came off as trashing on Cov Cath, their broadcast is great. I just can't spend $15 on watching high school football on a computer screen, and my job was not effected by Covid. So good for Cov Cath, and I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You have your opinions and I have mine.  If this is the “gold” standard then why are more schools not doing it?  And what is embarrassing is not knowing the names of kids you go to school with for one.  If you want them to call the games have them work with someone that has been or is in the field.  I have heard more than once that Betsy Ross would love to help these kids and others that are interested in the field of broadcasting.

Just now, Jack of all Trades said:

You have your opinions and I have mine.  If this is the “gold” standard then why are more schools not doing it?  

Your opinion is to trash a 100% student produced product? That's real big of you. Now we know that all your "what's best for the kids" takes hold absolutely zero water. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Your opinion is to trash a 100% student produced product? That's real big of you. Now we know that all your "what's best for the kids" takes hold absolutely zero water. 

It is not 100% student produced.  Not saying kids cannot be involved, but if they are then someone teach them the rules of the game and learn the kids names for your team and the other team if possible.  

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

It is not 100% student produced.  Not saying kids cannot be involved, but if they are then someone teach them the rules of the game and learn the kids names for your team and the other team if possible.  

Or maybe the program is doing exactly what it is designed to do and entitled adults should be able to understand the purpose of it. 

• Like 3

• theguru changed the title to Highlands at Covington Catholic (5A Playoffs) Predictions/Updates
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic