Colonels_Wear_Blue

Highlands at Covington Catholic (5A Playoffs) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Highlands

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2020 at 12:00 AM

The Colonels have put together their longest win streak over the Birds, with victories in the last 6 games played between these two teams. The regular season matchup in October was Cov Cath's second largest-ever win over Highlands, with a 42-0 shutout for the Colonels.

In the fifty-three year rivalry between these two teams, and in the course of 72 games played between the two, one thing Covington Catholic is yet to manage is two consecutive playoff wins. Even with a pair of back-to-back state championships in their program history, and appearances in each of the last three 5A state championship games, Cov Cath still has never beaten Highlands twice in a row in playoff meetings.

Is this Friday the day the Colonels finally get a consecutive playoff win over the Bluebirds?

1740918078_CovCathvsHighlands.thumb.jpg.6e2bbadae14288cd171ff21de1ec9b4e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Highlands:
Total Wins: 49
Playoff Wins: 13
Shutouts: 13
Total Points Scored: 1754
Average Score: 24.36
Average Margin Of Victory: 20.08

Covington Catholic:
Total Wins: 23
Playoff Wins: 6
Shutouts: 6
Total Points Scored: 1191
Average Score: 16.54
Average Margin Of Victory: 18.30

• Thanks 1

Good-bye Ruby Tuesday...Its over let go nobody listens to techno!  Yes I just used the Beatles and Eminem in a prediction thread to say Colonels 48-0.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I see what you did there CWB. If this is allowed to happen again, game will be no closer than 35 points. Culture has to change. 

36 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

I see what you did there CWB. If this is allowed to happen again, game will be no closer than 35 points. Culture has to change. 

What did CWB do there?

Well maybe not him but someone attached the picture of the Highlands players watching in awe of CCH warming up in the first matchup. Still trying to figure out how the HHS coaches said it. “Hey boys, let’s go watch CCH warm up and see how Champions do it.” Honestly, not that long ago, other teams use to emulate the Birds. Not so much anymore. But hey, good luck to the Birds this week. For some, Sat can’t come soon enough!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Well maybe not him but someone attached the picture of the Highlands players watching in awe of CCH warming up in the first matchup. Still trying to figure out how the HHS coaches said it. “Hey boys, let’s go watch CCH warm up and see how Champions do it.” Honestly, not that long ago, other teams use to emulate the Birds. Not so much anymore. But hey, good luck to the Birds this week. For some, Sat can’t come soon enough!

What happens Saturday?

Just glad Highlands finally won a playoff game so CCH can keep building on their streak. In 16, 17, and 19 they couldn’t hold up their part of the bargain that CCH did for a decade which gave the Birds 2 wins every years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Evil Software. 

• Like 2

Cov Cath should do a free broadcast this week. $15 is way way too much. It would be a classy thing to do. At least make it the cost of admission to a game ($5-$8). $15 to watch a high school broadcast is about as tacky as it gets. Why not make it $80! We got grandma right where we want her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Cov Cath should do a free broadcast this week. $15 is way way too much. It would be a classy thing to do. At least make it the cost of admission to a game ($5-$8). $15 to watch a high school broadcast is about as tacky as it gets. 

I am on the fence on this one.  If Highlands was more competitive I would take the plunge but I hate to spend 15 clams for a potential running clock game. 

With all that said the CCH Broadcasts are excellent quality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I am on the fence on this one.  If Highlands was more competitive I would take the plunge but I hate to spend 15 clams for a potential running clock game. 

With all that said the CCH Broadcasts are excellent quality. 

I guarantee you they would make more money off of it if they dropped it to like $9. Probably get over double the amount of people. And why not get Cov Cath high school kids to do it like the Highlands format? They stumble through it a little more but it's fun to see a high school kid try something and succeed. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Diablo said:

I guarantee you they would make more money off of it if they dropped it to like $9. Probably get over double the amount of people. And why not get Cov Cath high school kids to do it like the Highlands format? They stumble through it a little more but it's fun to see a high school kid try something and succeed. 

Not fun to hear the high school kids to me.  Do they do soccer, basketball or any other sport for that matter?  No they do not.  It is embarrassing to me that an adult is not calling the game and the kids are chiming in as color analysts.  If you are going to have them, make sure they know every players name and most importantly know the rules of the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1