Notre Dame 47 Clemson 40 (F/2OT)

TheDeuce

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Great win! At the end of the day they will have to beat Clemson again to make the playoffs. Clemson should have Lawrence back by then. So I don’t know if they can beat them a second time. 

However, the biggest thing I liked from today. Is that in years later when they have played a top five team. They have just looked out matched and so much slower. Today they looked like they finally match up well with a top team, and had the speed to compete. That is the biggest thing I saw from today and am excited about. 

Well said fc. I am with you on this. I will also add what I said above. ND controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Best ND team I have seen in a long, long time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Run To State said:

Exactly.  Happens a lot, no matter how much "they've been there".

I get it though, some salty people because ND won a game against a team they thought they couldn't beat. 

I haven't been salty in this thread because I give a team its due. ND looks very good this year. However, on the saltiness, I will say I am not an ND fan. The biggest reason by far why I am not is I don't like overhyped teams. I especially don't like overhyped teams whose fans buy right in to the hype and get bragadocious on a team that is clearly overhyped. ND is always going to be overhyped. It has been that way my entire life. I don't like ND, the Cowboys, the Yankees, etc. because I get tired of them dominating my TV screen and getting overhyped. 

I must admit though that I am a UK fan. 😏 So there is an exception to my overhype list. 😇

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I haven't been salty in this thread because I give a team its due. ND looks very good this year. However, on the saltiness, I will say I am not an ND fan. The biggest reason by far why I am not is I don't like overhyped teams. I especially don't like overhyped teams whose fans buy right in to the hype and get bragadocious on a team that is clearly overhyped. ND is always going to be overhyped. It has been that way my entire life. I don't like ND, the Cowboys, the Yankees, etc. because I get tired of them dominating my TV screen and getting overhyped. 

I must admit though that I am a UK fan. 😏 So there is an exception to my overhype list. 😇

The hard part is trying to quantify ND.  The team that barely beat Louisville at home, then goes out and beats Clemson at home.  

Clearly they’ve taken a step forward but Kelly also sold Clemson as their Super Bowl.  That said, I’m buying their gains and them going forward.

50 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

The hard part is trying to quantify ND.  The team that barely beat Louisville at home, then goes out and beats Clemson at home.  

Clearly they’ve taken a step forward but Kelly also sold Clemson as their Super Bowl.  That said, I’m buying their gains and them going forward.

Well as you know with OSU in years past. Sometimes teams do have bad games, like Notre Dame against Louisville. The difference is Notre Dame had a bad game and still won. In those years past when an OSU has had a bad game, they ended up getting curb stomped by bad teams. 

So it shouldn’t be hard to quantify Notre Dame as you said. A top team having a bad day is nothing new. Except they did what a top team is suppose to do, when they have a bad day. They still ended up winning that day against Louisville. 

8 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm guessing the rankings today will be:

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. Notre Dame

4. Clemson

5. Florida

6. Cincy

That looks about correct.  Is it possible Cincy could make the play offs?  You have to believe Clemson or ND will be out after round 2 and Florida will most likely lose to Bama in the SEC championship. So does Cincy have chance?

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

That looks about correct.  Is it possible Cincy could make the play offs?  You have to believe Clemson or ND will be out after round 2 and Florida will most likely lose to Bama in the SEC championship. So does Cincy have chance?

I don’t think ND would necessarily be out of the playoff if they lose to Clemson. If it’s a blowout, then yeah they’re done. But if it’s another close game like last night I don’t see how you leave ND out. Also Florida has a real chance to beat Bama. The Bama defense isn’t great and neither is Florida’s. No team can stop the other so I don’t think it’s set in stone that Bama beats Florida. If Florida does beat Bama then A&M also joins the picture. No matter what I feel like at least 2 fan bases are going to feel like they have a national championship caliber team, but got left out of the playoff. 

5 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I have OSU closer to 5, than 2.

Sandbagger...😆 

There is no way that you honestly feel there is one, let alone four teams, better than your Buckeyes. I don't even feel that way. 

C'mon man, we know better. 🀣 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Sandbagger...😆 

There is no way that you honestly feel there is one, let alone four teams, better than your Buckeyes. I don't even feel that way. 

C'mon man, we know better. 🀣 

Well there’s one person who hasn’t watched any OSU games this year.