Notre Dame 47 Clemson 40 (F/2OT)

TheDeuce

Just now, John Anthony said:

Thanks for admitting it!

Admitting what? I'm laughing at you poor mouthing OSU. Fields, in your own words, is the greatest QB in OSU history. Now you want us to believe team isn't top 4, that's ridiculous based on what I've seen in two of the three games that I Have watched.

23 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m telling you bro, the mood in Columbus is a little suspect.

There really isn't anyone left in OSU's reg season to test the Bucks to determine if your worries are valid before the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

There really isn't anyone left in OSU's reg season to test the Bucks to determine if your worries are valid before the playoffs.

Now this is true.

However, when it takes you until the last drive of the game to cover against Nebraska and the only reason we let our backup QB sneak it in was because Nebraska was head hunting, then get out-scored by Penn State in the second half the following week, then you don’t cover against Rutgers and Justin Fields is playing with under 5:00 mins in the 4th Q vs. Rutgers, call me crazy but those are red flags.

18 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Now this is true.

However, when it takes you until the last drive of the game to cover against Nebraska and the only reason we let our backup QB sneak it in was because Nebraska was head hunting, then get out-scored by Penn State in the second half the following week, then you don’t cover against Rutgers and Justin Fields is playing with under 5:00 mins in the 4th Q vs. Rutgers, call me crazy but those are red flags.

I would love for IU to give OSU a game but I just have a feeling the Hoosiers will be brought back to earth on that weekend.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

That looks about correct.  Is it possible Cincy could make the play offs?  You have to believe Clemson or ND will be out after round 2 and Florida will most likely lose to Bama in the SEC championship. So does Cincy have chance?

As much as I'd like to say yes, I think it would take a lot of help for UC to make the playoff.  Look no further than today's rankings as a perfect example why. UC dominated a team that BYU struggled with and won by 28 points without playing their starters in the 4th qtr, yet still had two teams jump them in the rankings. (Florida deserved to be ahead based on the win over UGA)

Only way I see UC making the playoff is if ND sweeps Clemson, A&M gets beat by Auburn/LSU, and Florida loses to Bama in SEC CCG...and UC obviously has to go undefeated.

And even with all that happening, I could still see Clemson or Florida getting in as the 4 seed. 

52 minutes ago, Bert said:

I would love for IU to give OSU a game but I just have a feeling the Hoosiers will be brought back to earth on that weekend.

IU plays us good even during average years.  I remember watching Tevin Coleman running up and down the field.

IU and Maryland feels like Iowa and Purdue, Buckeyes will finally have to play complete games.  There’s no reason why we shouldn’t beat both handily.  27 point favorite vs. Maryland is an interesting line.  

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

@GrantNKY, you agree?

Am I worried? No. Do I have concerns that need to be addressed if we can beat Bama, Clemson, or ND? Absolutely. The running game is lackluster, the secondary is showing a ton of inexperience, and I still don’t trust Tuf Borland at mike. This isn’t a 2018 situation where a great QB is literally carrying the team, but there are things that are frustrating right now. 

With regards to Ohio State, I’m not to the level JA is about worrying about the team. The biggest reason for that is nobody scares me. Fans of the other top teams are having similar conversations. Bama fans are worried about their defense, Clemson is worried about their defense. ND today probably isn’t worried about anything, but the realistic fans should be concerned about the offense being able to play at a high level consistently. ND is the most complete team, but they don’t have a group that is good as the offenses are at Bama and OSU right now. I’m not worried. Relative to the rest of the country, I feel just as good about this team as I did last years. 

4 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

With regards to Ohio State, I’m not to the level JA is about worrying about the team. The biggest reason for that is nobody scares me. Fans of the other top teams are having similar conversations. Bama fans are worried about their defense, Clemson is worried about their defense. ND today probably isn’t worried about anything, but the realistic fans should be concerned about the offense being able to play at a high level consistently. ND is the most complete team, but they don’t have a group that is good as the offenses are at Bama and OSU right now. I’m not worried. Relative to the rest of the country, I feel just as good about this team as I did last years. 

I don’t feel nearly as good this year as last, wish I did though!  Teague is a league average RB and Sermon can’t find his role yet going into week 4.  

No dominant edge rusher but the DT’s have been great.  The secondary appears to be quite possibly just not good.  Cam Brown who was supposed to be our #2 CB is done with an Achilles and for the second week in a row Wade has been Mossed.

You have Fields, Olave, Wilson maybe the best 3 headed monster offensively in the country with the Bama receiver going down.  OSU is going to 28 on anyone but come playoffs,  Clemson and Bama can score as well.  They have legit NFL RB’s and I think more talent in their secondaries.

Losing Hafley feels like losing Fickell all over again, our LB core was bad for 2-3 years.

5 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I don’t feel nearly as good this year as last, wish I did though!  Teague is a league average RB and Sermon can’t find his role yet going into week 4.  

No dominant edge rusher but the DT’s have been great.  The secondary appears to be quite possibly just not good.  Cam Brown who was supposed to be our #2 CB is done with an Achilles and for the second week in a row Wade has been Mossed.

You have Fields, Olave, Wilson maybe the best 3 headed monster offensively in the country with the Bama receiver going down.  OSU is going to 28 on anyone but come playoffs,  Clemson and Bama can score as well.  They have legit NFL RB’s and I think more talent in their secondaries.

Losing Hafley feels like losing Fickell all over again, our LB core was bad for 2-3 years.

The reason I still feel as good is because I don’t think there is an LSU team out there this year or even a Clemson from last year. Clemson’s and Bama’s defense’s have the same worries we do. Obviously those teams have elite running backs and we don’t right now. Notre Dame is probably the most complete team but put them in a shootout against Fields and company and I still feel very good about chances. That’s why I say I have concerns, but I’m not really worried. We’ll have a much better idea about the secondary after next week going against Tagovailoia and Jarrett and about the linebackers and edge rushers against Penix. We’ll be alright JA. 

3 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

The reason I still feel as good is because I don’t think there is an LSU team out there this year or even a Clemson from last year. Clemson’s and Bama’s defense’s have the same worries we do. Obviously those teams have elite running backs and we don’t right now. Notre Dame is probably the most complete team but put them in a shootout against Fields and company and I still feel very good about chances. That’s why I say I have concerns, but I’m not really worried. We’ll have a much better idea about the secondary after next week going against Tagovailoia and Jarrett and about the linebackers and edge rushers against Penix. We’ll be alright JA. 

We’ll certainly be fine until the playoffs.  Nobody in the B1G can matchup talent wise.  The fact that none of our backup QB’s attempted a pass vs. Rutgers, with JF leaving this year is really concerning.  They did not expect him to play more than a series in the 3rd Q.

Losing Brian Snead, Bijan Robinson and Jordan Battle really hurts right now.

• Like 1

The fact that none of our backup QB’s attempted a pass vs. Rutgers, with JF leaving this year is really concerning.  They did not expect him to play more than a series in the 3rd Q.

I don't see this as a negative at all. As good as JF is, he still needs reps, especially in a shortened season. And let's not act like that game was ever in jeopardy, it absolutely was not at any point. It was 42-9 after three quarters...

We’ll certainly be fine until the playoffs.  Nobody in the B1G can matchup talent wise.  The fact that none of our backup QB’s attempted a pass vs. Rutgers, with JF leaving this year is really concerning.  They did not expect him to play more than a series in the 3rd Q.

Losing Brian Snead, Bijan Robinson and Jordan Battle really hurts right now.

I think we’re fine as far as being able to win in the playoffs as well. I just don’t think anyone can touch this offense. We have to get Stroud and Miller some reps though and I thought coming in to the season that Rutgers and Maryland would be fun to watch just to see which of those guys separates. The misses in the running back room hurts. But I’m just going to enjoy the run this last year with Fields and see where it goes. I still think we’re as good or better than anyone else.