Notre Dame 47 Clemson 40 (F/2OT)

TheDeuce

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Yeah I’m throwing shade by saying they are jeopardizing their season and playoff hopes by creating a super spread event. 

Dude, like your team wouldn't have done it in a game they were lucky enough to beat a # 1 team....

You think these college kids are distancing themselves. Be realistic.

Anyway, How about them Irish!

Notre Dame is not only #1 in football, they are #1 in spreading COVID. 😷

To the game ... Notre Dame won that game at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Clemson tried everything and they could not get to Book. He just sat back there behind his o-line and waited, or then eventually rolled out of the pocket, until a receiver got open. Then on the other side, the ND defensive line gave nothing to Etienne. 

Side note: The officiating in that game was terrible, including the replay ref. Both sides got ripped off on plays by terrible officiating. 

• Like 1

So Clemson will fall to #4 and Bama, ND and OSU all occupy 1 through 3?  Good for them UGA lost to Florida so they may fall further.

OSU and Bama probably win out and make the play offs.  The winner of Clemson vs ND Round 2 will probably go and the 4th will be????  I have no idea.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

So Clemson will fall to #4 and Bama, ND and OSU all occupy 1 through 3?  Good for them UGA lost to Florida so they may fall further.

OSU and Bama probably win out and make the play offs.  The winner of Clemson vs ND Round 2 will probably go and the 4th will be????  I have no idea.

I'm guessing the rankings today will be:

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. Notre Dame

4. Clemson

5. Florida

6. Cincy

6 hours ago, Run To State said:

Dude, like your team wouldn't have done it in a game they were lucky enough to beat a # 1 team....

You think these college kids are distancing themselves. Be realistic.

Anyway, How about them Irish!

Not an OSU fan but when you're elite every year, you don't storm the field. You're used to winning big games.

That's the difference in Bama/OSU/Clemson and then Notre Dame, who loses games like this more than they win. Enjoy the dub... Round 2 against Lawrence and the other guys who were out for Clemson should be fun to watch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Not an OSU fan but when you're elite every year, you don't storm the field. You're used to winning big games.

That's the difference in Bama/OSU/Clemson and then Notre Dame, who loses games like this more than they win. Enjoy the dub... Round 2 against Lawrence and the other guys who were out for Clemson should be fun to watch. 

OSU fans stormed the field last year when they beat Penn St. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coach112 said:

OSU fans stormed the field last year when they beat Penn St. 

Exactly.  Happens a lot, no matter how much "they've been there".

I get it though, some salty people because ND won a game against a team they thought they couldn't beat. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Run To State said:

I get it though, some salty people because ND won a game against a team they thought they couldn't beat. 

I don't think anyone is salty... I could care less who won this game. I'm not a fan of anyone involved.

Again, enjoy the win. Notre Dame hasn't had too many of these since BK got there. Clemson at full strength is a different animal than what ND saw last night, though. 

As far as storming the field, I've always had the mentality of "Act like you've been there before." Especially under the current circumstances where games are being cancelled every week because of positive tests. I said the same thing when Dan Mullen jumped up in the stands to celebrate with fans after beating UGA yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, StraightShooter said:

Michael Mayer is what we knew he was at CovCath = stud-beast! I’m so impressed with every aspect of his game for a true freshman. Excellent win for MM and the Irish. 

Told my guys the same thing last night. May end up being the best player to ever come out of KY. Kid is a stud.

• Like 1

He is a going to be a “Gronk in his prime” type of impact player in the big league. When you consider his continued development, MM appears to be on his way to a high first round draft pick in 2023 after his junior season.  I like his demeanor and team orientation, too. He was raised right and works his posterior off to continually improve. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Run To State said:

Here we go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I don't think anyone is salty... I could care less who won this game. I'm not a fan of anyone involved.

Again, enjoy the win. Notre Dame hasn't had too many of these since BK got there. Clemson at full strength is a different animal than what ND saw last night, though. 

As far as storming the field, I've always had the mentality of "Act like you've been there before." Especially under the current circumstances where games are being cancelled every week because of positive tests. I said the same thing when Dan Mullen jumped up in the stands to celebrate with fans after beating UGA yesterday. 

There's people salty every year when it comes to the Irish. Not just them, other teams too. Haters are there every season. Like I said, I get it.

Yeah I know, Lawrence didn't play. That's why the defense gave up the points they did I guess. That's why the running game was stopped. Look, great teams win when they face challenges like this. Now, I'm not saying Clemson isn't a great team because they are. Just last night, the Irish were a little better. Regardless of who plays in the next game chances are the Irish will lose because it is tough to beat a great team twice. If the Irish lose, I won't be making excuses. I'll just say the better team that night won. Wish others could do the same.

As far as the Covid concern. If the NCAA was taking it seriously, there wouldn't be a season. Either it's dangerous or it isn't. Coaches and others constantly touching their masks, taking them off and every other mask infraction there is including players not wearing them. Yes, I know why they can't wear them. Still, not having a season would be the only answer if you're really that concerned about the spread of Covid.

11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Great win! At the end of the day they will have to beat Clemson again to make the playoffs. Clemson should have Lawrence back by then. So I don’t know if they can beat them a second time. 

However, the biggest thing I liked from today. Is that in years later when they have played a top five team. They have just looked out matched and so much slower. Today they looked like they finally match up well with a top team, and had the speed to compete. That is the biggest thing I saw from today and am excited about. 

This!