Notre Dame 47 Clemson 40 (F/2OT)

TheDeuce

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Assuming Cincy wins and looks good tonight I agree. 

Yup.

I’m tired of seeing Bama and Clemson beat the hell out of the same teams. I’m not saying Cincinnati would give either team a game but it would be a nice change of pace...

Just now, MBWC41 said:

Yup.

I’m tired of seeing Bama and Clemson beat the hell out of the same teams. I’m not saying Cincinnati would give either team a game but it would be a nice change of pace...

I talk about this a lot but college football is broken but yeah I agree with you.

Give the Bearcats a chance!  LOL

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Doubtful...The committee probably isn't interested in seeing a 3rd match up between these two.

I see it being:

1 Bama v 4 Notre Dame

2 Clemson v 3 Ohio St

I think you’re right.  Great season for the Bearcats, but they don’t want the 4 seed and Bama.

I said all along we’ve had our final 4 for a few weeks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I think you’re right.  Great season for the Bearcats, but they don’t want the 4 seed and Bama.

I said all along we’ve had our final 4 for a few weeks.

Agreed.

Nobody will convince me though that Notre Dame wins in South Bend the first time these two met if Clemson is at full strength. That completely changed the playoff outlook.

If Clemson wins that, we are probably discussing A&M, UC, or Oklahoma for the final spot right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catholicdude said:

If Florida doesn't throw a shoe last week, they might have a legit argument even after getting beat tonight.  I don't think ND could stop Florida's offense.  

No one can really stop their offense. They only have most really because their defense sucks. 

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Agreed.

Nobody will convince me though that Notre Dame wins in South Bend the first time these two met if Clemson is at full strength. That completely changed the playoff outlook.

If Clemson wins that, we are probably discussing A&M, UC, or Oklahoma for the final spot right now.

That’s interesting. They will hopefully talk about in the committee meeting. 

Ohio State vs Clemson, Clemson vs Bama, and Ohio State vs Bama are the only potential playoff games where there won’t be a heavy favorite. 

Regardless of losses the next best teams in my opinion are:

Florida  (won’t get in due to losses)

Notre Dame (probably will get in)

Oklahoma 

Cincinnati (committee would never)

Texas A&M (not really deserving)