DevilMayCare

Somerset vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Jumpers vs. Eagles   

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2020 at 11:30 PM

It's time for the biggest game of the year in class 2A's regular season! And if you think LCA's stinging 40-6 loss last week diminishes the anticipation for this contest, you'd be dead wrong. 

Here's what matters: The Jumpers and Eagles have been the two best teams in 2A all season. They've been less like #1 and #2, and more like #1 and 1A. They met twice last year, with LCA winning the first game and Somerset claiming the one that mattered most to win the district, en route to a state title. Both games were edge-of-your-seat affairs, decided by three total points. With another district championship rematch likely in the works for November, this week's game could serve as a dress rehearsal at times, as both teams feel each other out in anticipation of what may lie ahead.

Friday's throwdown at the Briar Patch will feature a prime candidate for this year's Mr. Football (Somerset's Kaiya Sheron), as well as a possible contender for the 2021 award (LCA's Xavier Brown).

Headspace is important here. LCA has to recalibrate after the Douglass loss, whereas Somerset had its most impressive result of the season, a blowout of then #5 Danville. How much will that play a factor? Some teams bounce right back, others don't. 

4i52i3.thumb.jpg.e6af16346bd9194a20b77ebd2ccffb62.jpg

Hopefully both teams come into and leave the game healthy. This should, at least on paper, be the best game in the state this week. The biggest thing about this game is that it will likely decide home field in the playoffs. Even though that probably matters little between these two teams.

I expect a well played game by both teams and a game likely decided by only a handful of plays.

• Like 1

I'm going with Somerset at home, but I won't be shocked if LCA wins.  I agree with Guru, both teams are deserving of the #1 ranking.

I’m going to take Somerset in a close one but either team could win. LCA battle tested with tougher schedule while Somerset has ran through their schedule. I like QB Sheron to be the difference.

I've just had the feeling that LCA has the better team but Somerset could be. This game will set up home field for the playoffs, so this is huge.

Somerset 28-21.

Two very good teams.  I give Somerset the edge.  They are home and they have the best player (Sheron).

I may be wrong but I think that Somerset wins by double digits. I say 28-17 Briar Jumpers.

I was on the LCA train until what Somerset did to Danville. I like Somerset by a score. 

Is anybody buying the idea of a hangover from the Douglass loss affecting LCA? If they lose, I doubt you'll hear that as an excuse, but I think it could be a factor, at least early on. You don't want to spot Somerset a couple of scores before you get your mojo back. A short memory could be just as important as anything else for LCA this week.

19 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Is anybody buying the idea of a hangover from the Douglass loss affecting LCA? If they lose, I doubt you'll hear that as an excuse, but I think it could be a factor, at least early on. You don't want to spot Somerset a couple of scores before you get your mojo back. A short memory could be just as important as anything else for LCA this week.

I would think after a loss will come out more hungry plus will be up for a big game like this. I think Frederick Douglass loss has no bearing on how LCA plays.

• Like 1