DeSales vs. Lexington Christian Academy (9/12) Predictions/Updates

TheDeuce

Who Wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2020 at 09:00 PM

After a heartbreaking double overtime loss to Belfry in the 2019 State Semis, DeSales looks again to be a contender for the 3A title as they open the season hosting LCA. The Eagles had an impressive 2019 campaign, before falling to Somerset in the second round of the playoffs. Will the 2A Eagles be able to compete with the Colts from 3A?

On 9/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, DevilMayCare said:

This is "game of the week" material, matching two teams that are in the conversation for top 2 or 3 in their respective classes. Iron sharpens iron. Props to both schools for making it happen.

I agree this is game of the week material.

No clue on who will win. 

DeSales lost a lot of talent to graduation, but they do have a nice core of skilled players returning too. QB Jayden Scroggins and James Johnson are both very talented and they have some decent players returning on defense. However since this is the 1st game for both of these teams it could be a mistake-filled drama.  The lack of normal practices and no scrimmages could make this a sloppy one.  I'm not impartial, so I will pick the Colts to win by 2 or 3 touchdowns.  I just hope both squads and their fans stay safe and Covid-free!  I won't be able to attend, but I hope to be able to watch it on FB Live.  It will be fun to see high school sports again.      

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ColtPride said:

I'll take the Colts, with 6'5 returning James Johnson and his 1,500 yards last year, along with Scroggins returning as QB.

Defense will always be stout at DeSales. It's just the culture there.

I'll take the Colts by 2 td's at home.

I don't see how that defense doesn't take a pretty big step back losing their whole defensive line. That was one of the better high school defensive lines I've seen. I do like Oneil, Wilkerson and Holinkamp (sp)? though on defense.