Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All-State

Featured Replies

I believe they deserve to be on there, but I believe there are a few that deserve to be on there, and they had better years than some on the list.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA this all state is JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing just must be a popurlarity contest because Josh Wills senior linebacker from Russell deserved better than Honorable Mention... He was the heart and soul of a defense that held the 5A 2A state champions Mercer County to only 15 points... I am not quite sure how many tackles he had but it has to be somewhere up by the 100s... this kid is a better play than that should been at least 3rd team maybe 2nd

 

I was impressed with this kid in the state final. I think he was 56 right? I thought he was really good on offense line also!

Look all all state teams are subjective. Always have been, always will. And arguing about who should have made it and should not have made it is really kind of silly. The coaches selections are just as subjective and full of biases. And, while some don't want to admit it, so is the All BGP team. Unless the selecters have watched every kid in the state play against common opposition (which as everyone knows is impossible), these teams will always be subjective. Its kind of like arguing about whether a piece of art is a masterpiece or a piece of junk. Its in the eye of the beholder. Accept it for what it is and move on. Congrats to all kids who made the team and to those of you who did not, remember why you played the game. It was for the fun of the game and the opportunity to be a part of a team, not for individual glory or recognition.

I know these teams are subjective, but after having gone back and looked more closely at the selections I think how much talk a kid gets from colleges must have a huge impact. There's a kid on the first team who we played against for two years, we never had to double team him,meaning we had a kid handle him one on one and the offense did not run behind him that much. We easily handled them both years, his team never made it past the first round of the playoffs and he's first team allstate. Our kid who handled him one on one and who he couldn't block made the third team and someone said our kid was lucky to have made it at all. I can see why people are a little upset that some of their players didn't make it especially if you can make head to head comparisons like I did.

HA this all state is JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Why is it that you felt it necessary to say this? If you felt this way couldn't you keep it to yourself. To the many athletes that made All State it is an honor. Your little slap at them is totally out of line.

If I were a AP writer, and had the responsibility of voting, I would, if I hadn't seen the player in person, look at his teams schedule. Did he gain his yardage, get a ton of tackles, or whatever against some tough teams, or did he do it against some cream puffs? I know this isn't really the players fault, as he has no way to improve the schedule, but if I were voting, who he gained his yardage, etc. against, would definitely influence my vote. Gaining 100 yards etc. against a team who went deep into the playoff, or gaining 300 yards against a team who didn't win a game all season, is a big difference to me at least, and would affect my vote. Stats do lie.........sometimes.......

This whole thing just must be a popurlarity contest because Josh Wills senior linebacker from Russell deserved better than Honorable Mention... He was the heart and soul of a defense that held the 5A 2A state champions Mercer County to only 15 points... I am not quite sure how many tackles he had but it has to be somewhere up by the 100s... this kid is a better play than that should been at least 3rd team maybe 2nd

I agree I find it hard to believe anyone played their position any better than Josh.And I know by watching him play no one played with any more heart! This guy would be able to get into the line up on any squad .The only reason K Clark was not on 1st. o.was due to injury that limited his carries this year.Jones deserves alot of credit for getting them back to the state game .

If I were a AP writer, and had the responsibility of voting, I would, if I hadn't seen the player in person, look at his teams schedule. Did he gain his yardage, get a ton of tackles, or whatever against some tough teams, or did he do it against some cream puffs? I know this isn't really the players fault, as he has no way to improve the schedule, but if I were voting, who he gained his yardage, etc. against, would definitely influence my vote. Gaining 100 yards etc. against a team who went deep into the playoff, or gaining 300 yards against a team who didn't win a game all season, is a big difference to me at least, and would affect my vote. Stats do lie.........sometimes.......

 

In the KHSAA record book, do we need to put *astericks* in that say "this person is in the top 10 in rushing yards, BUT his team played a bunny schedule"?:bunny:

I agree I find it hard to believe anyone played their position any better than Josh.And I know by watching him play no one played with any more heart! This guy would be able to get into the line up on any squad .The only reason K Clark was not on 1st. o.was due to injury that limited his carries this year.Jones deserves alot of credit for getting them back to the state game .

And I assume you got the chance to watch every LB in the state play right?

In the KHSAA record book, do we need to put *asterisks* in that say "this person is in the top 10 in rushing yards, BUT his team played a bunny schedule"?:bunny:

 

No, but if, and note the word if, I had to choose the best players in the state for an award, I would have to go with the young man who did it against the better teams. Could the kid who did it against the bunny schedule do it against the better teams in the state? We will never know, but I am positive that the young man who did it against better teams, could do it against the bunny scheduled teams.

 

Again I am not taking anything away from the kid who did great things against the lesser teams, but we are talking All State, and not All Stats.....

In the KHSAA record book, do we need to put *astericks* in that say "this person is in the top 10 in rushing yards, BUT his team played a bunny schedule"?:bunny:

 

But record books are based strictly on statistics. All State teams are not based, and should not be based, on statistics. Its whom the voters in that poll think are the best players at those positions. And as oldguy pointed out, statistics can be very deceiving in that determination.

 

Any one can pick at any selection of any group of players. Its easy to do. But the question is, is it the right thing to do? We're talking high school kids here. I've got no problem with a post that said "congrats to so and so, but I feel so and so should also have been worthy". But to say that the selection was a joke, and therefore by implication that the kids selected were a joke, is simply wrong. Real wrong. Furthermore, unless the critics have seen every player play every game, its really impossible to fairly criticize the selections. Like the coaches team and the BGP team, the writers poll is not perfect. Never has been and never will be. Accept it for what it is and move on. I personally believe that there were not 10, or for that matter, 3 better running backs than Jordan Kramer in the state this year. He accumulated over 1400 yards playing against some darn good defenses on teams much larger than Highlands. But out of respect for the other kids selected and because I did not see many of the other players selected before him, I can in no way say the selections were a joke or that those selected were not worthy. Jordan, his coaches, his players and his opponents know how good he was, and neither his selection or his failure to be selected will in any way change that.

But record books are based strictly on statistics. All State teams are not based, and should not be based, on statistics. Its whom the voters in that poll think are the best players at those positions. And as oldguy pointed out, statistics can be very deceiving in that determination.

 

Any one can pick at any selection of any group of players. Its easy to do. But the question is, is it the right thing to do? We're talking high school kids here. I've got no problem with a post that said "congrats to so and so, but I feel so and so should also have been worthy". But to say that the selection was a joke, and therefore by implication that the kids selected were a joke, is simply wrong. Real wrong. Furthermore, unless the critics have seen every player play every game, its really impossible to fairly criticize the selections. Like the coaches team and the BGP team, the writers poll is not perfect. Never has been and never will be. Accept it for what it is and move on. I personally believe that there were not 10, or for that matter, 3 better running backs than Jordan Kramer in the state this year. He accumulated over 1400 yards playing against some darn good defenses on teams much larger than Highlands. But out of respect for the other kids selected and because I did not see many of the other players selected before him, I can in no way say the selections were a joke or that those selected were not worthy. Jordan, his coaches, his players and his opponents know how good he was, and neither his selection or his failure to be selected will in any way change that.

 

Kramer should have been on the team.... Hopefully he is on one of the other ones, and if not, I am sure he will be on the CovCath all opponent team...

 

Could you image what kind of Stats he could have put up if he played a Grant County or South Oldham type schedule.....

 

Note: For those who don't know, Grant County, South Oldham, CovCath, and the Team from Ft. Thomas are all in the same district......

Chip had a tremendous year, we couldn't have won state without him. He deserves to be on the list!

Ok yea he should but DEFF. not instead or in front of Vince Murray, or even Adam Schmitz.

But record books are based strictly on statistics. All State teams are not based, and should not be based, on statistics. Its whom the voters in that poll think are the best players at those positions. And as oldguy pointed out, statistics can be very deceiving in that determination.

 

Any one can pick at any selection of any group of players. Its easy to do. But the question is, is it the right thing to do? We're talking high school kids here. I've got no problem with a post that said "congrats to so and so, but I feel so and so should also have been worthy". But to say that the selection was a joke, and therefore by implication that the kids selected were a joke, is simply wrong. Real wrong. Furthermore, unless the critics have seen every player play every game, its really impossible to fairly criticize the selections. Like the coaches team and the BGP team, the writers poll is not perfect. Never has been and never will be. Accept it for what it is and move on. I personally believe that there were not 10, or for that matter, 3 better running backs than Jordan Kramer in the state this year. He accumulated over 1400 yards playing against some darn good defenses on teams much larger than Highlands. But out of respect for the other kids selected and because I did not see many of the other players selected before him, I can in no way say the selections were a joke or that those selected were not worthy. Jordan, his coaches, his players and his opponents know how good he was, and neither his selection or his failure to be selected will in any way change that.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment. I for one, was a bit guilty of the type of infraction that you described. My intitial reaction to the teams being named was, how did "this" guy make it over "that" guy. Or I can't believe player x didn't make it! In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best way to react. ANYONE who is even considered for All State is a very good football player in my book. Certainly none of the kids are a "joke". The selection process, the politics, etc. they might be a joke, but certainly not the players. And for the record, if Highlands fans aren't upset at Kramer being left off, then most of us really don't have a pot to go in. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.