Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All-State

Featured Replies

^ No...those are the ones with the "perceived" most potential.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Kasey Clark was not the best defensive player on Russells team. Linebacker Josh Wills is the best player and the heart and sole. How did they screw that up not even to mention Wills?????

Wills did get honorable mention on the OL.

My little Bro making first team :dancingpa :dancingpa

Congrats to all the others as well.

I was wondering about Ian also

 

Here's to little brothers who make the All-State Team!!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa

 

 

 

(Russell's Kasey Clark)

Joke alright. What about Dusty Miller from Rockcastle Co that led all rushing yards in the state with 2534 yards and only make honorable mention. Now that is a joke too. It depends on your local area. These sports writers take care of their local kids. If you don't have a local AP then you are out of luck. The Courier Journal All State voted by coaches will come out on Dec 24th. That is the most fair all state.

 

Not all the local AP newspapers do this. The Times Tribune in Corbin has an AP vote and no Corbin players received any mention and I don't think that anyone from their coverage area(which includes Corbin, South Laurel, North Laurel, Lynn Camp, Knox Central, Williamsburg & Whitley Co.)were on the team either.

Wills did get honorable mention on the OL.

 

I saw that. You know what my point is. Russell was a defensive team this year. Wills was the best player on defense for Russell in my view. Clark is right up there. I guess the AP guys did not see what Wills did to Mercer.

I saw that. You know what my point is. Russell was a defensive team this year. Wills was the best player on defense for Russell in my view. Clark is right up there. I guess the AP guys did not see what Wills did to Mercer.

I agree with you about Wills. He is an amazing force on defense.

I wonder if anyone that voted for the AP has seen the Dumpford kid play from Paris, the most, and I mean the most overated player I have ever seen. I watched him play 4 game he had no tackle for loses and barely any tackles at all. There are tons of kids in the state that had better stats than him. I watch people run at him and he still didn't make any plays. Hard for me to believe he is 1st team.

I wonder if anyone that voted for the AP has seen the Dumpford kid play from Paris, the most, and I mean the most overated player I have ever seen. I watched him play 4 game he had no tackle for loses and barely any tackles at all. There are tons of kids in the state that had better stats than him. I watch people run at him and he still didn't make any plays. Hard for me to believe he is 1st team.

 

 

Come on now, I'm sure he is good, and worthy of all-state. Your being a little harsh don't you think

Watch a film of a Paris game for 1 quarter before you say that he is good.

I wonder if anyone that voted for the AP has seen the Dumpford kid play from Paris, the most, and I mean the most overated player I have ever seen. I watched him play 4 game he had no tackle for loses and barely any tackles at all. There are tons of kids in the state that had better stats than him. I watch people run at him and he still didn't make any plays. Hard for me to believe he is 1st team.

 

He has D-1 size and got a ton of of votes because schools are recruiting him hard. I wish the kid the best at the next level. Although I think he is a project at the next level.

 

I just don't think he he plays aggressive. Not sure sometimes if he wants to be on the field. He has improved from last season.

I know i will get in big trouble for this statement but size shouldnt mean everything for recruiting and AP all-state. This is a homer comment but the Rams beat Paris two times in a row and the boys hammered him both times. The Rams has no one his size and in particular the guys that was taking him down was all of 6 feet 200 pounds. I guess that is why i cant understand no vote for Raceland. I do however hope that coaches can take a player to another level. Forgive me for my opinion but there it is.

Ok yea he should but DEFF. not instead or in front of Vince Murray, or even Adam Schmitz.

Schmitz is not an all state player yet.

I wonder if anyone that voted for the AP has seen the Dumpford kid play from Paris, the most, and I mean the most overated player I have ever seen. I watched him play 4 game he had no tackle for loses and barely any tackles at all. There are tons of kids in the state that had better stats than him. I watch people run at him and he still didn't make any plays. Hard for me to believe he is 1st team.

I agree. Very slow and physically weak for his size. Shown to be out of shape every game. Not an all state football player IMO.

After reading several posts, my question, why even have an "All State" list? Coaches vote on districts because they know the kids, but how can someone vote on a kid who doesn't even know or seen the kid? All State should be called "All Politics" team.

After reading several posts, my question, why even have an "All State" list? Coaches vote on districts because they know the kids, but how can someone vote on a kid who doesn't even know or seen the kid? All State should be called "All Politics" team.

 

 

Well there is also politics in All-District. Trinity and X has been geting this for years. Nick Petrino was not all-district and neither was any of his recivers on one of the most effective passing teams in the state.

 

Maybe it will teach the players that life is not fair, they are going to be fighting politics all thier life

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.