Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All-State

Featured Replies

I know these teams are subjective, but after having gone back and looked more closely at the selections I think how much talk a kid gets from colleges must have a huge impact. There's a kid on the first team who we played against for two years, we never had to double team him,meaning we had a kid handle him one on one and the offense did not run behind him that much. We easily handled them both years, his team never made it past the first round of the playoffs and he's first team allstate. Our kid who handled him one on one and who he couldn't block made the third team and someone said our kid was lucky to have made it at all. I can see why people are a little upset that some of their players didn't make it especially if you can make head to head comparisons like I did.

I practically made the same statement earlier in this post.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that you felt it necessary to say this? If you felt this way couldn't you keep it to yourself. To the many athletes that made All State it is an honor. Your little slap at them is totally out of line.

I think bottom line is here ... is that those who deserved it, congratulations, especially to those who play tough schedules...

I think what bothers people the most after reading many of these posts is; there are many good quality athletes that play their ***** off, dedicate and work hard, and get over looked.

That is the bite.

Nothing personal... It is just hard sometimes to express what you mean when you are writing- you can take it however you want, but you don't know how they are really expressing when it is just WORDS you are reading.

I think we need to remember that this is ALL STATE. That doesn't mean those who work the hardest or put forth a great effort. That means that they are the BEST players in the state. The sad fact is that it is not a self esteem contest, everyone that is a good hard working football player in this state is not All State. We need to remember that when we apply personal bias. Ask yourself this question when you look at an athlete. Was there anyone better than him playing his position in the state this year?

I think bottom line is here ... is that those who deserved it, congratulations, especially to those who play tough schedules...

I think what bothers people the most after reading many of these posts is; there are many good quality athletes that play their ***** off, dedicate and work hard, and get over looked.

That is the bite.

Nothing personal... It is just hard sometimes to express what you mean when you are writing- you can take it however you want, but you don't know how they are really expressing when it is just WORDS you are reading.

 

My quote was in reply to a quote by risky5 where he stated that the "AP All State was a joke." If he didn't mean it the way he said it, he should not have posted it. Not awhole lot of mixing words with that type of statement. It's pretty clear to me that it is insulting to the athelets that made all state and certainly not appreciated.

My quote was in reply to a quote by risky5 where he stated that the "AP All State was a joke." If he didn't mean it the way he said it, he should not have posted it. Not awhole lot of mixing words with that type of statement. It's pretty clear to me that it is insulting to the athelets that made all state and certainly not appreciated.

 

You are right Henry521. If someone has nothing good to say about the players selected, then they should refrain from derogatory comments. It's not the kids fault they made all-state.

Congrats to Brad (Furby) Bryant from Pikeville for making 3rd team at DL.

My quote was in reply to a quote by risky5 where he stated that the "AP All State was a joke." If he didn't mean it the way he said it, he should not have posted it. Not awhole lot of mixing words with that type of statement. It's pretty clear to me that it is insulting to the athelets that made all state and certainly not appreciated.

I totally agree with what you are saying-

But some people get upset because others get over looked and to some people that becomes a joke to them.

That is how is see their comments.

Now in some earlier posts we had people actually "calling out" different ones. So lets get on them too.... One kid was actually labeled as the most over-rated player in the state of KY, and was called out by name....

I totally agree with what you are saying-

But some people get upset because others get over looked and to some people that becomes a joke to them.

That is how is see their comments.

Now in some earlier posts we had people actually "calling out" different ones. So lets get on them too.... One kid was actually labeled as the most over-rated player in the state of KY, and was called out by name....

 

I agree. Calling out players is a rule violation and I certainly hope those who did it are no longer posting and the post is deleted. That's what I would do.

I know i will get in big trouble for this statement but size shouldnt mean everything for recruiting and AP all-state. This is a homer comment but the Rams beat Paris two times in a row and the boys hammered him both times. The Rams has no one his size and in particular the guys that was taking him down was all of 6 feet 200 pounds. I guess that is why i cant understand no vote for Raceland. I do however hope that coaches can take a player to another level. Forgive me for my opinion but there it is.

Oldram, I was suprised that Scott Grizzle wasn't named. Wasn't he the Over-all All District Player? Also I thought he was one of the top QBs in the state listed... You all better get your press working for you up there... Your press with connections to the AP really helps. I will prb get blasted for that statement, but in many cases that is how some kids names get pushed through. I know this for a fact-

Oldram, I was suprised that Scott Grizzle wasn't named. Wasn't he the Over-all All District Player? Also I thought he was one of the top QBs in the state listed... You all better get your press working for you up there... Your press with connections to the AP really helps. I will prb get blasted for that statement, but in many cases that is how some kids names get pushed through. I know this for a fact-

 

The Rams rarely get much respect from the local press in our area. It's all about the home town team.

The greatest fan is so correct. We had several boys that made records this year. The paper usually got blasted once a week about the fact most of the time our team didnt get coverage at regular games. An example is when the book came out featuring the teams. The home town team got up to date pictures and a two to four page spread. We got two pages. One page had pictures from last year when Thomas Tolliver played. The information wasnt even current. Thank you to all for recognizing our boys. I guess all i can say is I am not bitter at the boys that made it. I can imagine how they feel to look at this and think they didnt deserve it. We just feel like our paper should have really looked at our boys also. When you beat several times some twice and their players make it on you start to wonder.

The Rams rarely get much respect from the local press in our area. It's all about the home town team.

:thumb:

Are we really talking anything constructive in this thread, anymore?

Maybe the AP should take a page from Time Magazine. Next year everyone should be All State. :D

There is nothing wrong with AP all-state as long as the voters vote in good conscience and know that they have seen these boys play. If this was their selection then they have to live with their vote. They have to answer if they didnt even see the child hit the field. I do not want to take anything away from the ones that made it. I am sure they are riding on cloud nine and i dont blame them. It will always be debated if the facts line up. You cant rightly vote for kids that they never saw play if you dont want it to be questioned.

 

I do think this is a thread worth hearing because the boys that didnt get the vote are getting credit with us here. As far as our local paper this is been an issue for years and I personally am from the home town and coached in the home town and i think i have a good opinion on our local paper that wants to reach out to our area for sales and backing but is not reaching out to these schools and supporting them.

 

That said, Merry Christmas to those on BGP. I am proud to talk with all of you young and old alike and for the most part we are a positive group of people that love our teams. We just get a little competitive now and then.

 

God Bless

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.