AP All-State

time2punt

I think Jordan Kramer was overlooked simply because the Birds didnt advance as far as they would have liked over the past 2 seasons and I am sure some of the AP writers around the state would have liked to have seen him more. I know he played a lot as a sophomore when they won so that should have been a good indicator he was a very special player. His career speaks for itself at Highlands and his ability to make people miss was better than any back I have seen play high school football. I have seen faster kids but nobody with his swivel hips and balance. It is a travesty that he didnt get even an Honorable Mention. Congrats to Wise, Schlosser and Kidwell for their recognition.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB is always very heavy....I follow KY HS Football very much, and am not very familiar with Israel. I would say it would be a tough sell to say he should get in over who is on the list.

Most of Israel's gaudy stats came against weaker opponents like Western Hills, etc....he struggled mightily against X.

In 10 minutes did you research the subject and figure out he didn't belong?

Congrats to Coty Conley of Johnson Central for making First team, Shawn Grim and Nathanial Dials for making second team, and Blake Johnson and Micheal Tackett for getting honorable mention.

The only question I have is how did Ian Welch who had 15 INT's this season not make even Honorable Mention.

James Barrett was also honorable mention.

I think whenever all-state teams of any sort (all-district, all-star, etc.) come out we should have one thread devoted to congrats to the kids named to the team. Then have a different thread to cry and complain about the kids that didn't make it. It does an injustice to the kids on the team to harp on who didn't make it. It is as senseless as rating a team that has been defeated in the playoffs ahead of a team that defeated them. Its as bad as getting defeated and claiming to be the better team. Congrats to all the kids that made all-state, you should be proud.

I think whenever all-state teams of any sort (all-district, all-star, etc.) come out we should have one thread devoted to congrats to the kids named to the team. Then have a different thread to cry and complain about the kids that didn't make it. It does an injustice to the kids on the team to harp on who didn't make it. It is as senseless as rating a team that has been defeated in the playoffs ahead of a team that defeated them. Its as bad as getting defeated and claiming to be the better team. Congrats to all the kids that made all-state, you should be proud.

Amen:thumb:

Congratulations to the Jumpers

John Cole WR - 1st Team

John Wright Polk K - 3rd team (Injured last 3 games or might have been higher)

Ross Deaton QB - Honorable Mention

Great job again and best wishes to Ross and John Wright as they move on.

Looking forward to another year of watching Mr. Cole making impossible catches look easy.