Johnny Juzang transferring from Kentucky

16thBBall Fan

Where would that be? Heck, people on rec league teams get yelled at and cussed.
Somewhere that appreciates young college athletes and they aren’t just a number, believe it or not there’s still schools out there like that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please name a couple?
Every Division l, ll, lll, schools still have compassion and put the athletes first and not just throw them in and out of games as seems to run rampant at Ky, the young man we are referencing can play anywhere he wants with the right type leadership that suits him.

Every Division l, ll, lll, schools still have compassion and put the athletes first and not just throw them in and out of games as seems to run rampant at Ky, the young man we are referencing can play anywhere he wants with the right type leadership that suits him.

Not every Division II, III or NAIA school does, many over recruit and will have 2 or 3 times more players than can routinely get playing time. The bad thing is nearly all of those kids are paying a huge chunk of money at a coach's urging, only to be just one on a huge roster.

Juzang announced Villanova, UCLA, Arizona, Texas Tech, Notre Dame, and Oregon as the 6 schools he's looking at.

If he ends up at Villanova or Notre Dame then wanting to be on the west coast was just a story. I am surprised to not see Gonzaga, Washington or USC on the list.

Not every Division II, III or NAIA school does, many over recruit and will have 2 or 3 times more players than can routinely get playing time. The bad thing is nearly all of those kids are paying a huge chunk of money at a coach's urging, only to be just one on a huge roster.

My point is Juzang was thrown around unjustified at Ky and will go anywhere in the country and immediately play and make a huge contribution, had been given an opportunity at Ky, would have done the same.

If he ends up at Villanova or Notre Dame then wanting to be on the west coast was just a story. I am surprised to not see Gonzaga, Washington or USC on the list.

Exactly.

Cal said he was homesick and wanted to transfer back to the West Coast.

Villanova must be the west coast of Philadelphia. :) :)

Being a scorer, Johnny wants to go somewhere where he can log minutes and score. I personally think he is really good and will light it up at his next stop before the NBA comes calling.

My point is Juzang was thrown around unjustified at Ky and will go anywhere in the country and immediately play and make a huge contribution, had been given an opportunity at Ky, would have done the same.

Whose minutes should have decreased to get Juzang more minutes - Hagans, Maxey or Quickley?

You think he was better than the 5 starters? Who would you have sat down to start him?

Whose minutes should have decreased to get Juzang more minutes - Hagans, Maxey or Quickley?

You think he was better than the 5 starters? Who would you have sat down to start him?

The reality is nobody knows why Juzang is transferring. He was playing a more expanded role the more the season unfolded, and that was most likely going to continue. I do hate when Cal jerks out role players for making a mistake or missing a shot, but it was equally as obvious Juzang was awful on defense through much of the year, had horrible decision making with the ball and simply couldn't be out on the court. Put aside his shooting. I do think he would have turned out to be a really good player. Sucks he is gone. But to pretend you know why he is gone is unfounded.