LSU 42 Clemson 25 (National Championship)

16thBBall Fan

Thank goodness they started the game at 8.

The college game takes incredibly way to long in my opinion. Halftime started 2 hours after kickoff and you'd think it is because of a ton of commercials but it isn't. Told my wife I'd take the dogs out at the next commercial, took over 30 minutes from when I said it for there to be another one. They went 40 minutes of real time without one. Crazy.

I called it quits about 3 mins into the 3rd.

Congrats to Thad Moss on a huge game as well! Former NKY player with a natty!

Told the guys in my fantasy group that he was a Boone County product. They didn't believe me because he obviously didn't graduate from there. Turns out, dude went to five different high schools. Great game tonight though!

Actually an SEC team has won 10 of the last 14.

More inside those numbers. Besides the OSU/Oregon game the first season of the playoffs, every game has featured an SEC team. And two of those times, the opponent was from the SEC as well. Aside from last year’s game, the SEC foes who lost, practically did so as time was expiring. So 15 of the 28 participants in the last 14 title games have come from the SEC.

The college game takes incredibly way to long in my opinion. Halftime started 2 hours after kickoff and you'd think it is because of a ton of commercials but it isn't. Told my wife I'd take the dogs out at the next commercial, took over 30 minutes from when I said it for there to be another one. They went 40 minutes of real time without one. Crazy.

I called it quits about 3 mins into the 3rd.

I totally agree. There is nothing more that I love than watching college football, but it's becoming one of those things where I'll just watch the highlights/cut ups on youtube the next day. Or I find myself watching the service academies (along now with UK even more) because of their style- it's throwback, it wins and it doesn't take up an entire afternoon/evening to watch their games.

I totally agree. There is nothing more that I love than watching college football, but it's becoming one of those things where I'll just watch the highlights/cut ups on youtube the next day. Or I find myself watching the service academies (along now with UK even more) because of their style- it's throwback, it wins and it doesn't take up an entire afternoon/evening to watch their games.

Can’t really say those styles win, considering we are not watching those styles play for titles. The style LSU played is the definition of winning because they have the title to go with it.

I was disappointed in Lawrence. He is young, but after how he looked in last year's title game, I thought he would shine. I don't think the guy gets rattled, which I like, but I have never seen anyone overthrow that many receivers in a single game.

Can’t really say those styles win, considering we are not watching those styles play for titles. The style LSU played is the definition of winning because they have the title to go with it.

Considering their levels of talent- they win. I never said win titles, I just said "it wins".

Once Skalski was ejected for targeting, it seemed Clemson waived the white flag. He seemed to be the guy who could bust through the line of scrimmage and cause the most havoc. He put the hit on Burrow's ribs at the end of the first half. When that hit occurred, I was telling myself that dude has to get his head up when he hits someone, then no long after, the targeting penalty. The Burrow shot ended up being a clean hit, but his head was looking straight down at the moment of contact.