LSU 42 Clemson 25 (National Championship)

16thBBall Fan

I was disappointed in Lawrence. He is young, but after how he looked in last year's title game, I thought he would shine. I don't think the guy gets rattled, which I like, but I have never seen anyone overthrow that many receivers in a single game.

I noticed that some of his throws were next to impossible to complete on good days (the ones that require him to make long throws clear across the field to a WR near the opposite sideline).

After last nights head to head game, it’s very clear that Burrow is better than Lawrence. Burrow has had the type of year that most college quarterbacks will never have and made it look easy, which is just as, if not more scary. I still believe that Lawrence is a really good quarterback, but I was amazed with how many overthrown passes he made last night. Between both teams differences after halftime, LSU could have easily scored more than what they did. With consideration to how many ranked teams that LSU has beaten, how they have beaten them, Burrow, and more, this could be considered one of the all time best college football teams to be fielded.

The college game takes incredibly way to long in my opinion. Halftime started 2 hours after kickoff and you'd think it is because of a ton of commercials but it isn't. Told my wife I'd take the dogs out at the next commercial, took over 30 minutes from when I said it for there to be another one. They went 40 minutes of real time without one. Crazy.

I called it quits about 3 mins into the 3rd.

This was a unique game in that there were 86 passes vs. only 60 running plays (and of those I am guessing ~15 were qb scrambles/sacks). From the 86 passes 37 of those were incomplete meaning the clock stopped every time. Long game but good nonetheless for college football junkies like myself.

Down 10, then turned it on. LSU just faster everywhere the entire game. Clemson seemed to tire and slow down in the 2nd half. Lawrence just trying too hard, seemed like nearly every missed throw was an overthrow.

Spot on and IMO this is what happens when you have a weak schedule in the ACC and then you are not battle-tested and really don't play anyone until the last 2 games of the year giving up over 1000 yards and 65 points. They were lucky vs. Ohio State IMO and LSU simply just finished them off. I figured this would be a blowout of 14 points or more and frankly it could have been worse.

Told the guys in my fantasy group that he was a Boone County product. They didn't believe me because he obviously didn't graduate from there. Turns out, dude went to five different high schools. Great game tonight though!

Talked to Thad this week and he assured me they were extremely confident LSU was going to play well and bring home the W. I wouldn't hold anything against him with regard to how many HS he went to, happens all the time and if you don't know his "situation" you can't judge. Bottom line is he found the right fit in HS and in college since NC State was not a good situation either.

He balled out, helped LSU to a win and clearly showed he has NFL potential.