I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

Highlands Coaches and their winning percentages

Homer Rice (1954-1961): 70-11-6 (80.45%) 3 State Titles

Owen Hauck (1962-1966): 48-8-1 (84.21%) 1 State Title

Mike Murphy (1967-1973): 66-12-1 (83.54%) 2 State Titles

Roger Walz (1974-1975): 20-4-0 (83.33) 1 State Title

Bill Herrmann (1976-1983): 81-18 (81.82%) 3 State Titles

Jack Eicher (1984-1987): 30-13 (69.77%)

Tom Duffy (1988-1993): 61-15-0 (80.26%) 2 State Titles

Dale Mueller (1994-2013): 250-36-0 (87.41%) 11 State Titles

Brian Weinrich(2014-present): 46-30 (60.52%) 1 State Title

When did Homer Rice win his third title? KHSAA has Highlands winning in 60 and 61 under Rice.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with JOAT, there will not be a coaching change at Highlands this year with regard to football.

I personally do not really care about the adults (administrators) running the show at Highlands other than they are doing a lousy job as a collective group.

All I care about is the kids and giving them the opportunity that I had, my brothers had, my sons and my nephews had while at Highlands. Could really care less about who’s feelings get hurt. These adults are paid positions and with paid positions come accountability.

Not concerned either about whether they make $1/hr or $500/hr. If you’re not getting the job done then to me you are either wasting your time or the time of those of others.

This job was handed to BW with a great big bow wrapped around it. He knew what he was accepting and what the consequences of failure could mean. If he didn’t understand any of this then he obviously had never been a head coach before.

Perhaps this is the issue. Cutting your teeth as a head coach should never be done at Highlands, do it at a starter program or another school but not here. This is very rare but Dale thought BW was the man and so here we are.

Heck, I blame Dale as much as BW for where we are. This whole mess is partly Dales misjudgment of who he thought was a slam dunk as a replacement coach. Idk, Maybe Dale needs to step it up and admit he made a mistake and make the call.

I get that their indoor facility is very nice, but their stadium? Their is very little room on either sideline, no parking, and modest seating numbers but adequate. Can't really feel sorry for kids in this school system about anything. They have first class facilities for academics and are afforded as close to a private school setting as a public school can be.( Yeah, I taught and coached in both.) They have excellent opportunities àthletically. Residents pay a nice chunk for this and sure, it increases our property values. Been around for a long time. It runs in cycles. There are coaches that would shy away from this job. Unfortunately the guy now is the guy who followed the guy.

Highlands is not a public High School.

Assuming they know how Administrators feel, having zero understanding of what goes into firing and hiring coaches who teach, and how said hiring/firing can affect individuals who have absolutely nothing to do with the football program.

Please elaborate more. Iam intrigued by your knowledge of Highlands and your superiority over those within.

Highlands is not a public High School.

You are absolutely wrong. You apparently know very little about how PUBLIC schools work or operate. They are an INDEPENDENT PUBLIC school system. If not I want my tax money back!

You are absolutely wrong. You apparently know very little about how PUBLIC schools work or operate. They are an INDEPENDENT PUBLIC school system. If not I want my tax money back!

Wait...if a person lives in Gettysburg Apts in Ft Thomas, can their children go to Highlands for high school? Asking for a friend!

Wait...if a person lives in Gettysburg Apts in Ft Thomas, can their children go to Highlands for high school? Asking for a friend!

Depends on if it is in the Ft. Thomas Independent School District or the Campbell County School District. The boundaries are a little strange in that area.